• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fentanyl deaths everywhere

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
    My point was it happens "more" with alcohol more because of the reasons I gave. And yes, there's problems out there with it. I don't disagree with your take on alcohol being considered a gateway drug either. But the refer madness reference is getting old. Obviously even governments, who promoted that mentality, have warmed up to it. And people's arguments about breaking up fights, people affected by booze or pot , have an element of truth. And the argument of the stoner with pot in his system from three days ago versus a severely hung over guy from the night before...good point. There are points to be made on both sides of the argument. Its not my job to convince anyone to accept my point of view on the issue. Maybe when pot has been legal and becomes more widely used because it's more accessible and socially acceptable, like alcohol, we will begin to see some of the social ills it has to offer.

We just spent decades trying to wean the public off tobacco, now it's ok to smoke pot, ya ya I know, no comparison right? But still seems a bit hypocritical to me.
    Ok. I can see your a reasonable person. The refer madness comment shouldn’t apply to you. Some drugs like alcohol or cocaine are physically addictive. Drugs that are physically addictive will always be more damaging than cannabis. I won’t deny that through science I’m sure we will find out some new info about cannabis that could change our minds on the dangers. But right now it’s by far the safest drug that people can use to feel better. I don’t know why but there is a demand for that right now in our society.

Comment

Originally posted by Casered View Post
      You don’t think there is a problem with booze? A lot of people drink like fish in small town sask near me. Almost everyone does it and a lot of people don’t really realize the damage it’s doing. Enough with the refer madness bullshit. There is no proof cannabis is a gateway drug. The same could be said for alcohol. Ever heroin addict had a beer first. Alcohol is more of a gateway drug than cannabis in my option. Enough hypocrisy if your going to condem cannabis you better not be a drinker.
      Not a pothead and don't drink, but booze does get a free ride in this country. Wish it was treated and demonized like tobacco. Instead some morons like to tie it to some kind of bizarre national identity and symbol of pride.

Farmers, next to Indians are by far the worst booze abusers. See it in their kids in university. Asked a number of alcoholic farm kids back in university days why they drank so much nearly everyday and the common response was that they didn't drink much, but their dads were 'real drinkers' - it was how they coped with farming and depression.

Comment

You don’t think there is a problem with booze? A lot of people drink like fish in small town sask near me. Almost everyone does it and a lot of people don’t really realize the damage it’s doing. Enough with the refer madness bullshit. There is no proof cannabis is a gateway drug. The same could be said for alcohol. Ever heroin addict had a beer first. Alcohol is more of a gateway drug than cannabis in my option. Enough hypocrisy if your going to condem cannabis you better not be a drinker.
        Agreed Casered lots of hypocrits on here. Alcohol abuse is much worse in many ways. However a glass of red wine in the evening has been found to be healthy. Abuse of anything is never good, but if a person needs something it best be pot. They will typically still be able to function with a good level of productivity. Addiction low and withdrawls zero, never heard of a family or life destroyed by pot. Prescription pain meds or alcohol has destroyed lots of lives. Lots of health benefits exist with cannibinoids don't be so close minded, you are no better than the occassional pot toker.
        Last edited by biglentil; Mar 18, 2018, 08:13.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
          Agreed Casered lots of hypocrits on here. Alcohol abuse is much worse in many ways. However a glass of red wine in the evening has been found to be healthy. Abuse of anything is never good, but if a person needs something it best be pot. They will typically still be able to function with a good level of productivity. Addiction low and withdrawls zero, never heard of a family or life destroyed by pot. Prescription pain meds or alcohol has destroyed lots of lives. Lots of health benefits exist with cannibinoids don't be so close minded, you are no better than the occassional pot toker.
          I guess its all good until that line gets crossed.

I'm sure all the bills will be paid, kids fed and clothed, kids activities paid for, rent or mortgage paid before people decide to buy that little bit of weed to get them through the day. Just like booze or tobacco right? Ultimately it's none of my business until someone else's choices affect me. Oddly enough it seems sometimes the people who can least afford the vice become dependant on it.

My "hypocrisy" just might validate my opinion! Or is that, my opinion validates my hypocrisy? Or is there, my experience....

Comment

Im guilty of drinking too much in my younger days but we sure had fun. There was always that little voice that said dont let yourself get too caught up in the fun that you cant quit. As for drugs never that is a choice you make yourself it cant be blamed on anyone else. I know about addiction as there is lots in my family and it isnt nice to see people destroy themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by sofa.king View Post
              Im guilty of drinking too much in my younger days but we sure had fun. There was always that little voice that said dont let yourself get too caught up in the fun that you cant quit. As for drugs never that is a choice you make yourself it cant be blamed on anyone else. I know about addiction as there is lots in my family and it isnt nice to see people destroy themselves.
              Alcohols is a drug. A hard drug.

Comment

Alcohols is a drug. A hard drug.
                Its funny how the righteous overlook alcohol as a drug. Yet the drinkers feel the need to belittle "potheads". The biggest losers I know are alcoholics, they bring everyone down.

Comment

Both have their problems i have a cousin who is on deaths door in Edmonton, he's been in jail for car jacking to feed his habit he came home a few years ago cleaned out neighbours he knew of stuff just to feed the habit.

Also have relatives that basically drank them selves into the ground. Happy Drunks but booze just became part of their lives and they died.

Yes i like a wine or beer or vodka or Rum but its in moderation. I don't go search it out or need it every day or want it. Hell a coke Zero some days works.

But the drug dealers today don't get it you cant kill your addicts. Kill them slowly.

Laced Coke with Fentanyl is just stupid.

But thats todays way.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                    Its funny how the righteous overlook alcohol as a drug. Yet the drinkers feel the need to belittle "potheads". The biggest losers I know are alcoholics, they bring everyone down.
                    Always found it funny that the ones that are most against drinking are the ones that complain the most about not getting malt for their barley.

Comment

And I also subscribe to the notion that just because someone can't handle booze or doesn't like marijuana use even though its about to become legal, doesn't mean anybody who can enjoy it responsibly shouldn't be able to.

I'm not here to change anyone's mind, I only offer my opinion.

Contrary to popular belief, I am not that narrow minded. Really, I'm not, I'm just opinionated and outspoken.

Also wishy washy, hypocritical and am good at talking out of both sides of my mouth.

Comment

The two that died in Maidstoned is connected with the ones that died Saskatoon. I think if weed is legalized tax revenue should be allocated to drug treatment and enforcement against illegal drugs. Besides booze and tobacco what about gambling? There is an accepted vice which does damage too. Go to any small town bar and folks are plugging those stupid machines. Seen elderly family member drain his own funds and others because of gambling.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...