• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the planet feed 10 billion interesting read for farmers and consumers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blackpowder

Question

Since I am big into conspiracy theories.....do you think part of the run up in land prices by quasi government organizations (CCPIB and funds of the like) are a plan to extract the inheritance taxes at more value to government coffers....and by extension killing smaller farms with that tax?

Seems odd that you can't give the paid for farm to next the generation without taxing the shit out of that enterprise.

Comment

Conspiracy or happy consequence??
      I've instructed my executor that if land must ever be sold consider the Hutts.
      Private land migrating eventually to distant foreign or domestic corp?
      Values have determined that non farm inheritors cannot afford to keep land. Either because its sale is forced by taxes, or by the difference to lifestyle such a windfall makes.

Comment

Pretty sad to get a farm paid for and then start saving money for the transfer tax instead of making it a more viable business for the next generation without incurring more debt.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          it should make the Railroads job easier! See there's always a bright side.
          Oh that was bitter funny...

Interesting article.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...