• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess who has a meeting in Palm Springs

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
    Would you believe this Ghetto farming tight son of a bich(read "Me") will even claim back the GST on any grain check it's deducted from!
    All the people sho deduct, remit, record-keep for the Pulse Board do it at their own cost- not even a Thank You.

Comment

the wheat growers can have a meeting wherever they want.
      they pay their own way , well with help from chem co.s
      railroads ,and grain .cos . their bosses

is palm springs that much more , than Saskatoon or Regina.
      just you , do not need to do it , all the time.

I always thought we got value from the pulse levy.
      better than the others

Comment

Has anyone ever figured out year over year what check off $ cost you compared to % of net returns?

Doesn't matter if you grow #1 or bottom grade it costs you the same. Doesn't matter if market is paying $10 or $2 it costs the same per tonne.

Maybe check offs should be tied to price that way commissions and who all they support will be advocating and lobbying for a better system and higher prices.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
          Has anyone ever figured out year over year what check off $ cost you compared to % of net returns?

Doesn't matter if you grow #1 or bottom grade it costs you the same. Doesn't matter if market is paying $10 or $2 it costs the same per tonne.

Maybe check offs should be tied to price that way commissions and who all they support will be advocating and lobbying for a better system and higher prices.
          Pulse growers take .67% of settlement, so how much they get depends on how much you get. How has their lobbying and advocating worked out lately?

Comment

Maybe we should scrap all commissions and producer orgs.
            We'll start lobbying govts and showcasing products through wienerville.
            Much more effective.

Comment

All producer funded groups better take note, what happened in South Africa is not out of Trudeau’s reach . He has a major , major soft spot for First Nations in Canada ....which is fine , whatever, but what concerns me is the total lack of indications of Ag itself by him or any liberal since day one . That combined with the UN agrenda of wealth distribution had better be on the very front of everyone’s mind , Cargil , CCC , Richardson’s, CPS , Seed Companies , Mosaic, Vitera, Bayer, Dupont , P£H , ... every Ag business in Canada , they are all fuked without us . Even more so than transportation of our crops or if they take a winter trip.
              Looking forward, paying $500,000 for a 1/4 of land or many 1/4’s only to have it taken away and divided up for zero as per the UN 2030 plan is forefront of the liberal party. It’s all in the open now , just take time to google it . South Africa is not isolated to this thought .
              This is not some wacky conspiracy theory , it’s all in front of you face in you look for it .
              It’s all being put into motion starting with the the climate change agenda and carbon tax ..... wealth distribution via the middle class . That’s the start up .
              End of the day , the UN wants desperately to eliminate private property ownership , this is documented, thus the biggest landowners in North America outside the government , industry and the 1 % ellite
              Hmmm .... farmers .... well who is going to be the targets 🎯????
              We better pay attention , this is not impossible, it’s probable.

Comment

......and then what, all the land in Western Canada can just unproductively lay there idle?

If they do that the world over.....can you say "famine"?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	8BB0D67E-CAC1-4694-A802-AEAB708FE422.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	766279

In a effort to be a little more constructive what’s wanted, needed, ?

- get rid of Association groups ( things will look after themselves)? Save checkoff expenses.

- get rid of agronomy? Or more agronomy?

- get rid of communications / news rely on trade or independent consultants to inform growers, vs more

- no organized contribution to winter meetings Pulse days or other events, vs more

- no govnt communication or lobbying vs more

- reducing office staff level or increase

The question should be, what can be done better going forward and how?

Comment

I’ll tell a small story that relates to this topic. I sat on an ag board in which we collected revenue by way of membership fees and not through check offs. We had a few members express concern over the rising cost of the AGM as it was a big portion of the yearly budget. So as a board, we brainstormed ideas to reduce the association’s cost as well as perhaps find a way to attract more participants for the AGM. Well we come up with having our AGM at a destination venue. We received quotes from travel agents and resorts in Mexico, Cuba, and Jamaica and all of them were way cheaper than our venue in Edmonton. Even including round trip airfare for the directors and general manager, we would have been able to cut the AGM costs in half. Not only that, we could have been able to provide a super cheap trip to Mexico (or Cuba or Jamaica) for our members because of the volume discount offered from the resorts.

So my question for those who do not like the idea of having functions out of province/country, what are your thoughts on this if it meant costs could be drastically reduced? As well as offering a cheap holiday in which a good portion could be written off due to the business aspect of the trip? Maybe even get a larger turn out instead of the same 20% of those who come to the AGM?

In the end, we as a board did not follow through with a destination AGM as we felt the optics on this would not go over well with the membership. But it was an interesting topic to explore.
                    Last edited by Puckbag; Mar 9, 2018, 21:29.

Comment

Not my call , just look 👀 real hard at the UN objectively and at our own Liberal governments initiative on this 2030 plan .
                      Read between the lines ..... where is this wealth redistribution going to come from ???? It’s not from the 1 % top ellite .
                      That wealth already secured overseas ... look at the Panama papers . So , where is the wealth or land distribution going to come from ??? Think for a few minutes. It’s not coming from land owners like Ted Turner.... lol . Yes , land ... and who owns the most land outside government and big industry .... farmers .
                      People need to stop treating this stuff like conspiracy theory’s and look 👀. Where is this wealth redistribution going to come from ?? The average urbanites have nothing , other than the roof over their head and a car or two .
                      The UN is looking at South Africa 🇿🇦......JT is a lap dog of the UN .
                      Yes South Africa may fail miserably as did the other African nation that punted out its white farmers ..... but they don’t care . They want wealth distribution... even though it will never work for the majority, the 1 % don’t care . The 1 % don’t want to be responsible for the wreck they caused the past 100 years .

Comment

Yes Vwalk but pay for a trip your self. These groups make me sick they drink party and do shit all. At least if I do that I’m paying to do it.

But I bet I learned more than any of these guys about farming in the USA or around The world

Comment

To all agriculture producer groups .... please for the next generation.. think ...

Not just think about next years holiday destination.

Comment

[QUOTE=farmaholic;372991]Would you believe this Ghetto farming tight son of a bich(read "Me") will even claim back the GST on any grain check it's deducted from![/QUOTE.

Iceman needs to look into this

Iceman Out

Comment

You betcha, furrow, South Africa is a hard lesson; one waiting to happen in other countries. Pars.

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                                Ya and families of the employees are probably going all expenses paid.... Like parents brothers sisters... Not just spouses.
                                lapping at the trough

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...