• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CN Fesses Up

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

case ih please elaborate
    I had a lot of peas sold last fall .
    but lentils I have still got .

if that is what you are talking about

as for fines , I think CN paid 150,000
    and CP probably spent several hundred thousand in lawyers, maybe a million , not to pay a 50,000$ fine.

so CN paid about 1/2 of 1 average farmers losses over the 2 years.
    Last edited by sawfly1; Mar 8, 2018, 17:09.

Comment

CN had hired extra workers when Harper was in but CN laid off most of that extra help 2 years ago after oil prices went down . Lately they tried to get those workers back but most have moved on to other jobs to at least make a living . Now CN needs to rehire and retrain a bunch of new workers after getting caught with their pants down . CN actually thought those laid off workers would still be available ready to jump back in after two years. Well , that’s the arrogance of companies like CN and oil industry, they think they can just snap their fingers and experienced workers will be back .... well that’s not a reality anymore. Cost of living is far too high to sit on unemployment for any length of time now.

Comment

I went to the CanPacific potash mine open house yesterday. All proposals at this time. Rail options out of it are Stewart Southern Rail or CN. Apparently CN wants more potash business since CP supposedly has most of it now..... They kinda got the deer in the headlight look when I told them CN only fulfilled about 17% of the requested graincar orders lately. Although it would be a completely different scenario for them.... contractual obligations! Just think, more competition!

Apparently CN would own the spur line going to the mine. The existing rail that would be serving it is very under utilized at the moment.

Under the circumstances I have a hard time believing the shortline will be chosen or able to service them if kilometers of new spur line will have to be built.
        Last edited by farmaholic; Mar 9, 2018, 07:35.

Comment

The size of the potash unit trains talked about is somewhat hard to believe. How long(how many cars) are the grain trains being pulled to port now? And I think to myself, if they have to shorten the grain trains in the winter..... won't they have to shorten them for the potash unit trains as well?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...