• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Putin and Versatile/Rostelmash a view from the Russian side

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m good with Gotthard as well, 12 Billion dollars and about 95 miles of tunnel

Banff to Vancouver about 527 miles 5 times longer x 12 Billion = 60 Billion

- resource finds of gold, silver and other minerals
    - build it big for multiple revenue streams
    - would it be a Green project or environmental disaster ?

60 Billion / 130 million population = $461 person

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
      I’m good with Gotthard as well, 12 Billion dollars and about 95 miles of tunnel

Banff to Vancouver about 527 miles 5 times longer x 12 Billion = 60 Billion

- resource finds of gold, silver and other minerals
      - build it big for multiple revenue streams
      - would it be a Green project or environmental disaster ?

60 Billion / 130 million population = $461 person
      60 Billion on the longest tunnel in the world. Move people and freight through it. Cut CO2 emissions, (no mountains to climb, no delays). Cut weather related accidents.

We need vision, and an entire infrastructure reboot like after WWII. Look at what was built here and in the USA, and look at what it spurred for economic activity.

Comment

Though this stuff is far out. It’s better to chew the fat on constructive solutions like these. How many miles of tunnel would we need to push through the Rockies? Imagine it wouldn’t be the entire way but essentially a straightened set of tunnels opposed to the corkscrews we have now. How many chinamen died blasting those tunnels.

Comment

We rode the Chunnel once. British side has old track so not real fast but when they hit the tunnel they open her up and then when they come out in France they really pour the volts to her. Kinda thrilling.

Not sure I’d want to be in a tunnel much longer than that though.

Comment

Putting some distance between me and the last post.......

Comment

.................................................. .......

Putting some distance between the post above and my comments...................................

Comment

The youtube video mentioned in the opening thread tells a lot.

For instance at approx. the 1:45 minute mark shows the Versatile logo on the Russian tracor just behind the person speaking.

And who wouldn't prefer one of those newer version tractors compared to the extremely crude ones from the 1980's. Those drab old combines in the file photos that were inserted in the video tell most of the story.

Its a waste of resources to do a 50% job of construction; when a little more polishing; styling; craftmanship and modern technology makes all the difference.

I remember a Russian technician who came out to do warranty work on a a "shiny" new SK6 combine about 3 decades ago. He was trying to get a cotter key out with his deficient tool from his kit and I happened to have a pair of real ViceGrips handy. I forget if he allowed the use of a superior tool; but I remember unintentionally offending him by sincerely offering him the permanent use of real "pliers"

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...