• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chickpea Tariff

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chickpea Tariff

I see India raised the Chickpea tariff again yesterday. I guess Prime Minister Dress up didn't make much of an impression on his recent trip!!!

SPG is saying it could be worse, Kabuli versus Desi. They import mostly Desi we grow mostly Kabuli. Are all exporters to India chharged the chickpea tarrif? Australia?

Comment

I’ve always wanted to grow my whole farm to durum, atleast they can’t put a tariff on that.
      Our choices of crops to make a dollar are dwindling........ thx JT!! What a useless tit!!

Comment

If I was India I would go full bore on canada 99%what are we going to do we have a lame duck as PM kick a country when it’s down

Comment

Ohhh

No...

There's a shit storm brewing in durum.

What would happen if we lost Italy as a buyer?

It'll happen before harvest.

And with India the fun is only getting started.

Comment

A little more reading I see the tariff increase is on Desi chickpeas. The 40% tariff still applies to Kabuli, 60% on Desi. Sounds like this will affect Australia much more than Canada. My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
              There's a shit storm brewing in durum.

What would happen if we lost Italy as a buyer?
              Go on young man

Comment

To the end of Jan 2018 durum to Italy is down 39% this crop year.
                US has soaked up what Italy has not taken this year.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                  To the end of Jan 2018 durum to Italy is down 39% this crop year.
                  US has soaked up what Italy has not taken this year.
                  .......even my "poisonous" 2016 vomi durum......without a peep from anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                    .......even my "poisonous" 2016 vomi durum......without a peep from anyone?
                    Easy blending money this year. Buy it for 1.75 to a buck under #1AD and just throw it in the cars.

Straight cash

Comment

Venezuela picked some up last Aug for under $8. Maybe that's where it went

Comment

Originally posted by iceman View Post
                        Easy blending money this year. Buy it for 1.75 to a buck under #1AD and just throw it in the cars.

Straight cash
                        As long as I'm happy with what I got!!!

$6.75/ bu. last Nov. Last winter and summer it was a theft job.

One terminal was offering a one to one deal..... low quality from '16 and #1 from '17..tonne for tonne blending. I think the price was $5.50 & $7.50 for a $6.50 averaged price.

Geez...doesn't look like I did too bad considering I had no #1 new crop to blend......thanks RP, Weyburn!
                        Last edited by farmaholic; Mar 2, 2018, 22:30.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                          Venezuela picked some up last Aug for under $8. Maybe that's where it went
                          And the cheque cleared?

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                            And the cheque cleared?
                            Didn't need to. Likely an EDC deal. I wonder how many of the EDC export deals actually have the end users paying up like they promised and how much are actually exported to the taxpayers.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...