• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farmaholic wheat graph

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farmaholic wheat graph

Exercise disipline perhaps if only we knew the weather
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DXPLkRxV4AAbcr7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	777893

I'm hoping for one or two more life saving gasps before it takes it's final breath before new crop....lol

I'm watching though. I have a price in mind that isn't unrealistic for my Px level and I can wait for July delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      I'm hoping for one or two more life saving gasps before it takes it's final breath before new crop....lol

I'm watching though. I have a price in mind that isn't unrealistic for my Px level and I can wait for July delivery.
      we got $7.81 today for 14.7 px today , June delivery , pretty decent with the yield that was there, to bad we wouldn't have priced some last summer , but didn't even look like we would be able to combine last spring , let alone seed
      Last edited by Guest; Mar 1, 2018, 19:48.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
        we got $7.81 today for 14.7 px today , pretty decent with the yield that was there, to bad we wouldn't have priced some last summer , but didn't even look like we would be able to combine last spring , let alone seed
        Wow....hard to believe, we are only about 1.2% lower Px and over a dollar less per bushel local bids! I'd be satisfied too!

Comment

Someone better help me with the math on $7.80 wheat. I got to dig up Weber's last AAFC pricing chart to at least see what west coast asking has been....although June is 3 months away from current(or at least recent history) asking prices.

Comment

Prices are going up, just hope we can move it at some point..

Heard loaded cars from P+H are sitting near Humboldt that were loaded in DEC..

Comment

Someone better help me with the math on $7.80 wheat. I got to dig up Weber's last AAFC pricing chart to at least see what west coast asking has been....although June is 3 months away from current(or at least recent history) asking prices.
              px is sure paying at 7 or 8 cents up . they need it bad but don't want to pay unless they get caught

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                Prices are going up, just hope we can move it at some point..

Heard loaded cars from P+H are sitting near Humboldt that were loaded in DEC..
                I have a story something like that as well, cars delivered end of Dec, loaded in Jan and..... although the kid said he saw the train go by just the other day from the terminal's direction.

caseih..... AAFC's West Coast asking prices are almost $320/tonne or about $8.70/bu. Which Co did you sign the contract with.

MGEX MWN8--$6.40 @ 1.28 Fx....$8.19 CAD.

Some local bids...Protein ranges and 3 companies bids...

June delivery, 13.0-13.5 Px, $6.75, $6.28. $6.66. lowest prices not necessarily correlate to lowest Px but highest price definitely requires 13.5 Px.

What's happening?
                Last edited by farmaholic; Mar 1, 2018, 21:02.

Comment

Shipments to Japan were coming in at $338/tonne in Dec/17.
                  Sk avg prices during mid Nov were around $247/t which would imply a $90 difference. There were higher bids in a few areas of SK if I remember right so maybe $80 backed off from the Japan values would have been attainable.
                  Anyway I don't think forward sales for late June/July export are going to be lower than that given the recent pop in prices. Portland asking has not gone up yet although today's report did indicate a bump higher. One thing to think about is that some companies likely have sales covered for a ways out. The problem is shipping. They may not have to chase prices for a few weeks or longer.
                  $7.20 for 1 13.5 is seen in the Saskatoon area, June/July del

Comment

Grrrrrr, what's with the crap prices in my trading area?

I'm hopeful RR movement will see constipation relief and shit will start moving when the weather "improves".

Comment

It will take patience. Grain shipments from elevators for the week ended Feb 25 were low.
                      It's a disaster. Other places in Saskatoon area are only posting in the 6.65-6.80 range

Comment

CBOT Dec wht now at A$263.92/t. This is about A$69/t above last yrs end of Nov values. Futures at 569 USc/bu are up 145c. It will take a big hit to global prodn for a gain like that to hold to year’s end, or will it?

Wheat cash currently foward price for 18 harvest $270 port to elevator so positive basis. Container traders put no prices out yet would suggest $280/5 so comes back to around $260 on farm 10% to 11.5% apw our bog standard wheat.

My target is $290/5 port or $305/310 packers as i have to store it on farm.

If and when these levels are reach will think why how whats going on around the world, how quickly did it get here, look at weather make decision.

Rule of thumb never foward sell more than 30% of production before its in the ground, if you have concerns or think it will go higher stand aside, one does NOT have to fowards sell.

Reckon captainoblivious was it has ridden of into the sunset but foward cash pricing was just never feasable achievable thinkable under single desk arrangements no matter what country.

Oh and ps one can lock protien spreads in at a known value if you wish they cange daily so some sell base price and choose to "float" protien price.

Gets back to your darn issue, dont matter a rats toss bag what the price is still gotta shift it after harvest man i would have grey hair farming in cananada oh wait i have have a top weeknd guys.

Friday night here sorry about grammer spelling puncuation sentance structure lucky ive only had one beer

Comment

I have a story something like that as well, cars delivered end of Dec, loaded in Jan and..... although the kid said he saw the train go by just the other day from the terminal's direction.

caseih..... AAFC's West Coast asking prices are almost $320/tonne or about $8.70/bu. Which Co did you sign the contract with.

MGEX MWN8--$6.40 @ 1.28 Fx....$8.19 CAD.

Some local bids...Protein ranges and 3 companies bids...

June delivery, 13.0-13.5 Px, $6.75, $6.28. $6.66. lowest prices not necessarily correlate to lowest Px but highest price definitely requires 13.5 Px.

What's happening?
                          it was a target at richardsonfor june, and had got $7.45 for some 2 months ago , that was a feb contract that finally got delivered yesterday

Comment

Grrrrrr, what's with the crap prices in my trading area?

I'm hopeful RR movement will see constipation relief and shit will start moving when the weather "improves".
                            your prices are lower because you are close to fert plant and get inputs cheaper , lol. sorry farma , couldn't resist

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                              your prices are lower because you are close to fert plant and get inputs cheaper , lol. sorry farma , couldn't resist
                              Would be nice if was true! There's a proposed Potash mine SITE about two and a half miles from my yard, or half a mile from the south edge of our land block.....maybe I can get some free fertilizer, too bad it wasn't a nitrogen fert plant.
                              Last edited by farmaholic; Mar 2, 2018, 06:54.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...