• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Private or farm share RTK system

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just replaced the touchscreen on my 2630 display. Barely 6 years old and store inside of a cab and in the house during winter.....1500 bucks.

Comment

There's a guy here who does one hell of a job farming...... but to him the icing on the cake is swathing in straight lines.... it sure looks good but doesn't increase his yields one iota! Other than the old sales pitch of less fatigue there is little economic benefit to the aesthetics.

This comment has nothing to do with field mapping or variable rate applications, or "micro" sectional control.

Ya, I have to admit, I wouldn't want to try and drive straight anymore while seeding or spraying but it's really only window dressing more than anything.

Comment

Has anyone priced out the 4640 monitors? I’m hearing $8k for a monitor and another $8k for a five year software subscription.

That’s $8,000 for Lines of code.

Farma, you arent running autosteer in your swather?

mas·och·ist
        - (in general use) a person who enjoys an activity that appears to be painful or tedious.

Comment

Originally posted by workboots View Post
          Has anyone priced out the 4640 monitors? I’m hearing $8k for a monitor and another $8k for a five year software subscription.

That’s $8,000 for Lines of code.

Farma, you arent running autosteer in your swather?

mas·och·ist
          - (in general use) a person who enjoys an activity that appears to be painful or tedious.
          Nope, I have an brand new "POS" Raven Cruizer and a Phoenix antenna..... I should look into a hydraulic steering block and wiring harnesses and see if I can use any of the stuff I already have. Doesn't have to be fancy.... only steer the swather straight down the field. Using an 08 M150 MacDon(very few hours on it now) bought new, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't autosteer "ready". Trouble is everyone wants to sell you the "KIT" ..... ,more money and still have all my old new pieces >:-(

Comment

Look into EZ Steer by CaseIh.
            If an operator couldnt swath mine would have it. Mine wont use it. Sometimes makes finding his swath interesting.
            Anyone with an 'itis' or an 'ism'
            wouldnt/couldnt be without.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
              Look into EZ Steer by CaseIh.
              If an operator couldnt swath mine would have it. Mine wont use it. Sometimes makes finding his swath interesting.
              Anyone with an 'itis' or an 'ism'
              wouldnt/couldnt be without.
              ....lol, what a guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker View Post
                Bgmb I think those were the same receivers I saw. They are the same gps units I bought with a new sticker and a $6500 price instead of the $2000 I paid.

Sask3 when you can go straight to RTK accuracy for damn near what a Starfire yearly subscription costs why wouldn't you?
                now just hire a geek to make your 2630s use that as a correction and boom john deere rtk

Comment

We bought our first auto-steer system in 2004 for a cost of 16K, our swathers were last, had EZ Steer's put on 2 years ago for $3800, wish I would of put them on a few years earlier. Love them when swathing at night.

Comment

You know how jerky an SP swather's steering can be, how well does easy steer control it? Is it responsive or "lazy"?

If it only has to hold it in a straight line may it's not too bad? Most new(er) swsther's steering is still tight.

Costs get right out of hand when you plumb in new hydraulic blocks and include monitors. I am only familiar with the Raven products.

They quotes are stupid even w/o installation.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      You know how jerky an SP swather's steering can be, how well does easy steer control it? Is it responsive or "lazy"?

If it only has to hold it in a straight line may it's not too bad? Most new(er) swsther's steering is still tight.

Costs get right out of hand when you plumb in new hydraulic blocks and include monitors. I am only familiar with the Raven products.

They quotes are stupid even w/o installation.
                      ez steer awesome on macdon swather, look online for the correct settings though, sometimes need to play with wheel base and antanae location. you need a good signal though, waas can cause the swather to wobble ever so slightly. you can buy a cheap rtx subscription for a few hundred buck per year, works very well.

Comment

Were happy with our EZ Steers on our swathers, both mounted on Massey 9430's. We are just running them on WAAS and very seldom do we have to make a correction. Our EZ Steer seems to hold the line very good and is not hunting for the line. Don't care for the little wheel motor that mounts on the steering wheel but it works.
                        Last edited by Sodbuster; Feb 28, 2018, 23:39.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                          ez steer awesome on macdon swather, look online for the correct settings though, sometimes need to play with wheel base and antanae location. you need a good signal though, waas can cause the swather to wobble ever so slightly. you can buy a cheap rtx subscription for a few hundred buck per year, works very well.

Where do you buy a rtx subscription for a few hundred buck per year?

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
                            Where do you buy a rtx subscription for a few hundred buck per year?
                            https://tpsstore.trimble.com/OA_HTML/tnvopwrdlr_ibeProductGroup.jsp?application=Agricul ture&parentapplication=AG# https://tpsstore.trimble.com/OA_HTML/tnvopwrdlr_ibeProductGroup.jsp?application=Agricul ture&parentapplication=AG#
                            Last edited by MBgrower; Mar 1, 2018, 06:37.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                              https://tpsstore.trimble.com/OA_HTML/tnvopwrdlr_ibeProductGroup.jsp?application=Agricul ture&parentapplication=AG# https://tpsstore.trimble.com/OA_HTML/tnvopwrdlr_ibeProductGroup.jsp?application=Agricul ture&parentapplication=AG#
                              Cheapest I could fine was $350 annual subscription for Rangepoint RTX, which is 6" pass to pass and up to 20" repeatable! IMO save your $350 and just use waas.

Centerpoint RTX is 1.5" accuracy but $1850 annually, which makes the $2000 Emlid setup seem like a much better deal.

Comment

Originally posted by pourfarmer View Post
                                Cheapest I could fine was $350 annual subscription for Rangepoint RTX, which is 6" pass to pass and up to 20" repeatable! IMO save your $350 and just use waas.

Centerpoint RTX is 1.5" accuracy but $1850 annually, which makes the $2000 Emlid setup seem like a much better deal.
                                nope, rtx way more reliable than waas, at least in my area, waas has a tendancy to drop out and throw you way off line (hang on to that swather!!). Solar flares also can make waas useless for a few days of the year. I have omnistar on some machines, it is deadly accurate, but about 1400 per year. RTX so far just about as good. Id try rtx first and if not good enough just phone trimble for the unlock codes and upgrade to omnistar

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...