• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teachers with guns?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, hitting bystanders is not acceptable, if you can’t hit what your aiming at, don’t shoot.

Comment

I like guns. Have several including a handgun . Like hunting when i get time . Just dont see why anyone needs a machine gun

Comment

Yes no need for machine guns. And a lot stricter rules for people with mental illness but that won't stop them from stealing either.

Wonder if it were ever possible to create new guns where they temporarily immobilize someone and not kill them? Maybe all new guns made should have an electronic immobilizer where they jus won't work in buildings. Bullet with electric charge or high power dart gun that way if you hit off target person they aren't killed? I don't know
        Definitely metal detectors at door with security would do a lot to stop this.

Comment

yes get rid off those special guns in the us! like we have in Canada .
          better yet like big Europa no guns to own !
          dumb talk from trump ! elected president of usa adding more guns to already overload with guns

Comment

when the police and swat team show up at the school, how do they know who is the bad guy when you have maybe a dozen teachers and 3 bad guys firing guns? Just shoot them all and hope you got the right one?

Comment

If cops and security ,are afraid of the shooter.
              What are teachers going to do.
              Now you have worry about crazy teachers.
              Do these shooters really care if they die anyway.
              If they Do wait outside till the bell rings.
              And it is not modern culture,or video games.
              England Japan ,have all that. Just no guns and hardly any deaths

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                Hmm tell that to some Mexican states that have 40 times the murder rate as US states with many times more guns and concealed carry. Infact US states with concealed carry all tend to have the lowest number of shootings, robberies and violent crimes. Proper backround vetting and a individual licensing program like we have here in Canada works well. Long term friends and family are interviewed to ensure the applicant is sane and responsible enough to own firearms. Its too bad the FBI and police did not act on all the information they had on this fellow. Thats a problem.
                Most of these mass shootings seem to be students, disgruntled employees and people that have shown some substantial mental problems. As difficult as it is to protect students in schools, how would you protect people in workplaces and social events? Its a monumental task, but for sure we gotta first get a handle on school shootings. Metal detectors, armed protectors, mace or whatever, we may have to implement a combination, but for sure a dozen school shootings in US since Jan , that's insane! And as for the FBI, what the h___ is their excuse? And the armed security guards not going into the Florida school to stop the shooter?

Comment

Nasty armed guy in a school...

http://dailycaller.com/2018/03/20/armed-school-resource-officer-maryland-school-shooter-trump-teachers-guns/

Comment

Really good arguments on both sides of this debate here. Not sure where I stand on the issue now.

Only thing I would like to see is that cops should be able to search and seize anyone, anytime on the street for concealed guns and knives then throw them in jail for a year with hard labour.

Comment

Three of my kids are teachers, when we go plinking,my daughter like to participate, but doubt they would favor guns for teachers.
                      How about public disembowlment and then hanging for the perpetrator? Not palatable for most of us, but if he shot my little daughter or granddaughters I might feel different.
                      But armed guards would seem to be an answer. The only way to stop bad man with a gun.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...