• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

West Coast ship count has grown to 37 this week with 17 on the way. Cleared 8 last week.
    This will be interesting if they all show up

Comment

How much tonnage available on those 54 vessels?

What is the longest a boat has been there?

Comment

South Africa is seizing all the farms from white farmers without compensation...... about 12 Mt of corn is currently produced..... this'll ripple the supply chain

Comment

I thought I just read somewhere recently that a country in africa was asking the white farmers to come back after the disaster of kicking them off?

Comment

As of Feb 25 there were 6 at Vancouver and 2 at PR that have been there more than 15 days.
            I'm not sure what the longest stay was

Possible average of 47,000 tonnes X 37 ships is 1,739,000 tonnes

Supposing they are able to clear 12 this week and all show up that are on the way there would be about
            1,974,000 tonnes (42 ships) to clear at the beginning of next week guessing at an average of 47K per ship.

Some are partially loaded
            Last edited by farming101; Mar 1, 2018, 08:52.

Comment

I know one thing the rain strip in the USA is from NewOrleans to Memphis to Atlanta every day it seems not moving north and letting moisture in. Cold line is above hot is below where we are 80 above every day sin month of Feb.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B05E756F-E105-484C-947B-42797A751819.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	766261

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                I thought I just read somewhere recently that a country in africa was asking the white farmers to come back after the disaster of kicking them off?
                That was Zimbabwe, they tried this experiment already, which resulted in them going from the breadbasket of Africa to the basketcase, now are seeing the error in their ways, and are allowing the white farmers to return.

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
                  South Africa is seizing all the farms from white farmers without compensation...... about 12 Mt of corn is currently produced..... this'll ripple the supply chain
                  What’ll happen like in Zimbabwe white farmers will be driven out, some murdered, and production will plummet. Not to mention foreign investment will dry up. So virtually back to small hold subsistence farming. When the govt is desperate in come the Chinese and other foreign interests to take advantage. Reminds you of dealing with reserves renting land or grazing. Year to year hopeful you don’t get vandalized, kicked off, or screwed except it’s a whole country you live in you’re dealing with.

Comment

There are Indiginious, Metis, speakers (lobbiests) that talk to various government and public organizations in Saskatchewan. Treaty 4, 6, history and interpretation of wording, rights, public responsibility etc

They are suggesting that South Africa modeled their system after Canada’s system of reserves, treaties etc and that settlement and negotiation is the only solution.

I heard this third hand.

Comment

The lack of food security is what kick started hyperinflation. When the food supply of a nation is threatened loss of confidence in govt follows. Oddly enough productivity can't be expropriated or given by govt.....

Comment

Is MGEX waking up? Opportunity might arise soon. I know we can't count on it, don't wish for it or want it, but if moisture conditions come up short..... fireworks!?!?!?!? And watch canola then.

On the other topic, many times over and over in history people were driven from their land. Canada is a young Country(only 100 years according to Trudope, LOL hahahaha ****in loser!), who knows what land owners will face yet.

Comment

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...