• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bright side question for the day

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna volunteer at 2018 Brier. That'll take care of March. This winter has been a trip a month, wish we had been stacking up more airmiles. You younguns, use air miles for every expense you can. Took last minute direct flight from Vegas to Regina for two people , a big $108. 👍

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
      I love what I’m doing in this start to becoming a Snow Bird. Second full winter in Florida and wow it’s more than the big mouse way more.

We still haven’t bought a home but have fun looking at different areas. Right now we use time share and VRBO. Our time shares were purchased in 2009 we paid pennies and real cheap maintenance so basically 65 a night. For a two or three bedroom condo. Buying vs the way we do it now still has been a challenge for me to figure out what we want. If I decide I don’t want Florida I move and book next year Phoenix or Hawaii. Ownership is great if you bought at 200 and now it’s 1.2 but not 1.2 hoping for it to go higher. Homes in Regina are way over priced compared to what you get here.

Now some is luck and some is retirement planning. So far the farm gives nothing to retirement. My wife and I had and she still has a job in Canada. The off farm investment I stumbled on did very well. So selling our farm isn’t part of that plan.

My folks were snow birds and so were my wife’s so we know the life. 22 years and 30 living in USA.

Do you live longer maybe my folks are almost 90.

Freeways you get use to and it becomes life.

Great beaches in Miami Fort lauderdale area. Or gulf coast.

Health is the billion dollar question. Get a heart problem or main medication change and your hooped.

Go younger than you think because to many wait till it’s to late.

It’s a great close to 90 above week.

Later!
      You are right, homes in Regina way too high. Our friends just bought 3700 square foot brand new (show home) - furnished house in gated community in Phoenix for just under $475,000. Here that house would be 4x that. But I still wouldn't buy a house there unless it was in Leisure World or some really active retirement community - when I grow up. 😂

Comment

Horse you don’t read do you. I said travel sooner than later because if you get sick in canada with a heart condition or your medicine changes you can’t get insurance to go south. If I was under a USA plan and American I could travel in any state.

Cheer on our medicair if you want I just said travel early instead of waiting till it’s to late.

Your real special like grass??

Comment

Farming gets easier as i age cause i dont seem to give a crap about all the bs anymore. Travel is fun but its still nice to come home even if it is minus 30.

Comment

Originally posted by boytefarms View Post
            https://youtu.be/WlBiLNN1NhQ
            Are those all farmers¿ must be 101 leading the chorus....lol ....and Industry dressed as Centurions....lol

Just perpetuating the steriotypes

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...