• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farmers watching $$ more

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
    I have to side with grefer. Plenty of farmers describe their woes then others in the circle contribute. This is how they measure up the neighbors/competition. A cup of coffee or a few beeers are inexpensive insight.

My FCC rep told me that all of her farm accounts are current. This is a good sign. I cant argue with it.
    Most of the more serious pain around here is the self-inflicted type from guys who bought into the “$7 corn is the new normal” talk and either forgot or never knew that the prices we have right now are still pretty decent historically. Now they’re starting to realize why folks shook their heads at taking on $70-80/acre (or more) in new paint payments

Comment

Pretty solid area here in the Slum of the Ghetto....

But I did say "some, who are on the ropes".... but some old Golden Glove heavy hitting Pros are just waiting to mop up the blood.... LOL. KEEP YOUR GUARD UP.
      Last edited by farmaholic; Feb 20, 2018, 12:41.

Comment

Got the mop ready and their is going to be lots to mop up. Farming is about timing

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
          Got the mop ready and their is going to be lots to mop up. Farming is about timing
          Thought you and Klause were moving to Argentina cause Canada is so shitty now esp since we have a liberal ag minister instead of the great Gerry!! seriously though you are right timing is everything.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
            Huh. At one time this game used to be about providing for ones family. Not "mopping" up the pieces of someone else's misfortune to expand your own fortune.

Trust me, I won't shed many tears for those who have flapped their gums around town, but many who have simply tried to do the right thing are going to get caught up in this mess. Dear God I hope It's not me.

If it Is, it'll be entirely beyond my control... personal expenses are BARE BONES, equipment is paid for, vehicles and house(If you call a mobile home that) are paid for, but every acre is rented because purchasing it is completely beyond my means, and I'm paying on some bins because every acre comes complete with 0 bushels of storage. I've tried to play within the rules as beat I can. I sure hope the outwardly appearing well healed neighbors aren't secretly waiting to "mop up."

Comment

Originally posted by dalek View Post
              Most of the more serious pain around here is the self-inflicted type from guys who bought into the “$7 corn is the new normal” talk and either forgot or never knew that the prices we have right now are still pretty decent historically. Now they’re starting to realize why folks shook their heads at taking on $70-80/acre (or more) in new paint payments
              Oh man the new paint does kill you. I traded a big swack of equipment in one go one time, highly leveraged and it was absolute hell making those payments. We drive it like it is going to break, store it inside, do all the updates....it’s paid for working for me now and I enjoy going to an auction sale and helping the seller paying cash for a good piece that I need instead of feeding the dealer....10 years of hell I would have missed for anything. My dad drove older equipment and I wanted to show him how it’s done in the 2000’s....he had to help me a couple times and I made his day when he did and I was able to pay him back.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                Huh. At one time this game used to be about providing for ones family. Not "mopping" up the pieces of someone else's misfortune to expand your own fortune.

Trust me, I won't shed many tears for those who have flapped their gums around town, but many who have simply tried to do the right thing are going to get caught up in this mess. Dear God I hope It's not me.

If it Is, it'll be entirely beyond my control... personal expenses are BARE BONES, equipment is paid for, vehicles and house(If you call a mobile home that) are paid for, but every acre is rented because purchasing it is completely beyond my means, and I'm paying on some bins because every acre comes complete with 0 bushels of storage. I've tried to play within the rules as beat I can. I sure hope the outwardly appearing well healed neighbors aren't secretly waiting to "mop up."

You will be fine

Comment

Machinery within a certain age range will bring a fair price. No bargains since internet. Not sure if a portion of one years profitable inventory in the bin will stop key replacement.

Regarding mopping up. I stopped going to socials partly because it was like swimming in a shark tank. Had to sidestep nosy questions and talk very carefully. I'm losing land to money that wasnt made on a farm every year. I'm coming to terms with reality and how the future will look and giving a few less damns every year.

Someone should try starting a thread about the bright side occasionally.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...