• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soybean protein discounts on the way

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is only value in high quality when not everyone has it. A generic 1 CWAD high protein crop is then over supplied. There are only so many millers in North America that need it. Most of the rest of the market just wants what is cheap. It doesn't matter whether its durum, CWRS, high pro beans, it's only worth more if the supply is low. There is a limit to how many markets pay a premium for higher quality product. After they are exhausted it becomes generic. Its frustrating to finally grow a high quality crop and have the previous years premiums collapse but it's the reality of economics.

If everybody butcher has the best cut of beef only for sale, the 2/3 of the market that are fine living on flank steak aren't paying up for a fillet. Over supply pushes the premium down to the generic low end value.

Bin your fillet and hope for a poor quality year and its worth the healthy premium it was in years past. Cash flow and space dont always allow for that however.

Comment

Agvocate.

True but as an example north Dakota is guaranteeing 10bucks usd/ 12.60cdn....now see the frustration....

They see the value in ag....primary production. ....Canada doesn't.

Add in 100% capital deduction on machinery that trump suggested.....and we can't compete with the US treasury whether it's broke or not....

Farmers there will recycle that money .....
      Last edited by bucket; Feb 16, 2018, 14:41.

Comment

Short of moving stateside, your best avenue is still understand as much of our system as you can and take advantage of that. I can like/dislike as much as I want about the politics on either side of the border, and trust me there is lots to dislike. I try to save those comments for a political thread, for a marketing related one, I try to stay on marketing as much as possible.

Anyway's, the weekend and 10 trips to the hockey rink are upon us. Cheers.

Comment

0% financing on inputs for a year in a country with 20% inflation...

Cheap way to subsidize agriculture.

Oh yeah.

Canada wants a free trade agreement with Argentina and Brazil plus the rest of Mercosur.

More cheap grass fed beef headed this way and Canadian oilfield companies headed there.

Comment

Originally posted by Agvocate View Post
            Short of moving stateside, your best avenue is still understand as much of our system as you can and take advantage of that. I can like/dislike as much as I want about the politics on either side of the border, and trust me there is lots to dislike. I try to save those comments for a political thread, for a marketing related one, I try to stay on marketing as much as possible.

Anyway's, the weekend and 10 trips to the hockey rink are upon us. Cheers.

Understanding the system (which few Canadian farmers do... You included) doesn't make a difference if you're loosing $50 an acre because of the "system" understanding it won't bring your $50 back

We have a lot of corruption, allowed a lot of ignorant decisions to happen which has set up an industry to extract the maximum profit for no or little risk from the primary producer.

Our ag organisations are mostly run by people who parrot back whatever the "industry" feeds them without critical thinking skills or knowledge of the system.

Get rid of the CWB.. great. Except then we had nobody allocating rail cars...

Grain companies hastily signed level of service agreements with the railways which screwed the grain terminals (and in turn us) over.

There's nobody advocating the Canadian brand anymore.

There's no transparency. Why can I tell you how many trucks unloaded what quality of wheat at Cargil in Sofia, Bulgaria or at Bunge North Rosario, Argentina, but we don't even know what ships are leaving with from Canadian ports.

Meanwhile we pay royalties on certified seed then pay more royalties in the way of checkoffs (end point royalties in effect) for marginally better varieties.

Farmers need a strong voice and need to lobby for change... Or there won't be much of an Ag industry here.

World Dynamics are changing. We are the society in decline. Eastern societies are on the rise.

Comment

Klause

I hear you brother.....been saying it for a long time.....sadly we will be the first guys booted out....pockets are not deep enough ....that shouldn't be the criteria....deep pocket guys see it as an opportunity to buy out their neighbors....

Comment

My personal experience with commodity organizations is that a good % of directors have good intentions and good heads but with all the trial balloons of regulations environmental, food safety etc almost all of there time and efforts are used up on those issues. In reality the organizations become shit deflectors for the industry.

Comment

Sounds like your moving......AGAIN! When u get setup in Argentina make sure u keep us updated on how things work down there. Good luck!

Comment

https://www.realagriculture.com/2018/02/discounts-alert-farmers-to-soybean-protein-falling-short/

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...