• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any advice on air drill openers?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never have to weld a Bourgault

Comment

Switched from a 5710 to a 2060 New Holland and 1070 cart.
      Different. Didn't miss the 5710 for a second. Those mid row coulter's can go to heck.

Comment

I guess I never said what I ended up doing. I used a slightly modified Atom Jet high rate side band. What I liked about the high rate side band was my goal to give a little more separation between the fert and seed. What I found by mistake was that when seeding cereals the yield was better when shooting the seed out the back even though the germination is quicker going out the side. The cereal seed is spread in a wider band, works well. So canola is seeded out the side and cereals and peas out the back. Fairly pleased.

Comment

We use a Dutch paired row , never an issue other than it leaves the field rough.
          Try other paired row openers and they continually broke wings . Never once in three years now had that issue . Work well for cereals , iffy for canola when we do use it

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...