• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scott Moe acceptance speech - what should the SK party's priorities be?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scott Moe acceptance speech - what should the SK party's priorities be?

I was hoping for Alanna because she has the farming background. How do you think Scott Moe will do?

More or less continue to cover up the land scandals and expropriate our carbon efforts along with taking the farm vote for granted ....but farmers are idealogically tied to this party. ....yes master.....
    Last edited by bucket; Jan 28, 2018, 08:40.

Comment

Admit the new drainage act was under his watch, I doubt it.

UNDO ALL the PST changes, doubt it.

Comment

Opened his speech with, "Our party is stronger than it has ever bin". That means he loves farmers😂

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
          Admit the new drainage act was under his watch, I doubt it.

UNDO ALL the PST changes, doubt it.
          We will have to hold him to remove PST on insurance since I believe it was promised by all candidates except for Koch.

Comment

Rumors of baggage....look what happened in Ontario. .....

Good thing the ndp only have hasbeens running....

Another 4 years of farmers being taken advantage of .....the saskparty will frame it that they have rural roots ....nothing farther from the truth....

Comment

Wow what a step forward remove something that never should have been there in the first place. It's a given that he must do that.
              Surely that can't be the big vision for change?

He ll be given a chance as I see it to follow what the party wants him to do which is be the same as they were
              BIG MISTAKE!!!!

Or actually have a new direction in our case as farmers doing something actually for the producer not the industry up the ladder they up the ladder have the resources to do a lot on their own they don't need help as much.

Transportation policy
              Regulation for terminal closure if you want gov money for employee training and every other business program then you can't simply crush these terminals without all avenues looked at.

Input costs why so high here?

Scrap agri stability

Gov loans for farmers inputs land etc
              Since land is so expensive why not pay longer term loans than rent and have nothing in he end. Farming is a lifetime occupation this would also enable intergenerarional transfers with equity built over time. Loans for other things like livestock which banks aren't always keen on getting involved with. Alberta and manitoba have it?

Discussions with producers in what to do about securing markets for our product not just talk with grain cos what's good for them how about what's good for us?

Open the books up on the land deal

Open discussion on foreign ownership of land

Have a rural plan for health care why not
              Better hospitals and more staff out in regional areas instead of the big backlog in saskatoon?

Why don't we find out exactly what our customers want? What do the Chinese and Indians want from our pulses? Organic? Not organic?

Why not take advantage of our river system to generate more local power supplies?

Comment

All good points big wheel.

I noticed he mentioned all the new doctors and nurses .....our hospital hasn't got them....no emergency services ....

Elevator closures need new rules and guidelines from both the highways and environmental impact. ...

Besides we already have a carbon tax....the news says western Canadian oil is discounted and yet gas and diesel prices are quite high....

Their prairie resilience backgrounder .... this is how we plan to make you feel good while we expropriate your carbon contributions....
                Last edited by bucket; Jan 28, 2018, 09:40.

Comment

D

Regardless of color..NO party is for the farmers..

More Drs.and nurses..lol..nobody wants to live in small town sask.
                  Or no one wants those jobs regardless of the pay.24..36 hr. Shifts..

Comment

I look at it this way, Scott Moe was the "Party's choice", or the people who spent the money on memberships to the party. Is that enough of a cross section of the people of this province to say "this is the person for the job". Would it truly be Saskatchewan's people's choice? We have a Premier that was helped been chosen by people as young as what, 13-14 years old....bizarre(parental influence). Whether or not the Sask Party loses the next election won't be a true reflection on Scott Moe or any other person who could have won, but more the history preceding them as leader. The only difference is he will be the Captain of the ship chosen by party faithful, not everyday run of the mill Sask residents, in my opinion. I am not saying he isn't the man for the job but....and I never purchased a Party membership. The Sask Party has until the fall of 2020 to prove themselves as the Party to lead Sask beyond the next scheduled election.

Comment

I agree with that for sure. I will give him a chance however his fait has somewhat been predetermined. After all why did wall quit hasn't been answered yet? What's coming in the cards.

But as the leader he has the power to clean the shit up. And have his own direction that wouldn't be too hard for us to see it if he does it.

Comment

Farmaholic

Increased memberships by farm farmilies buying in their 14 year olds isn't an accomplishment nor do I think any party should allow people living in the basement pick the new premier or leader....

It really marginalizes yours and mine voting rights....

Comment

But Scott Moe is probably a good guy and will make a good premier ....10 years and out with a good pension.....

Not sure how he takes on the baggage....

There will be some changes coming ....you have to reward those that backed you...

Now I have to figure out how the constituency shit works to get a new mla....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                            Farmaholic

Increased memberships by farm farmilies buying in their 14 year olds isn't an accomplishment nor do I think any party should allow people living in the basement pick the new premier or leader....

It really marginalizes yours and mine voting rights....
                            Couldn't agree more.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...