• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CTV news, Lisa laflamme , anyone else notice ?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTV news, Lisa laflamme , anyone else notice ?

it's been two newscasts without any trump bashing ? don't think there was one in a row before , let alone two??? you think maybe their bosses told them to smarten up ? and start reporting news again ? the left leaning whine fest over maybe ? time to cut their losses as US takes off and Canada becomes the laughing stock of the world?

I Change the channel as soon as trump bashing starts and if it keeps up for a few days I don't bother with that program anymore

Comment

Interesting perception that the US is taking off and Canada is the laughing stock of the world. Not the impression given by this US economics professor today with regard to trade.

"Winnipeg | CNS Canada — As U.S. President Donald Trump follows his “America first” policy and pulls out of trade deals, it could spell future opportunity for the Canadian agricultural industry, according to Dermot Hayes, a professor with the department of economics at Iowa State University.

“In D.C. it’s chaotic. It’s the craziest situation I’ve ever seen, we’re shooting ourselves in the foot… I do think the U.S. is behaving so badly that it’s going to create opportunities for Canadian agriculture,” Hayes said Wednesday during Keystone Agricultural Producers’ (KAP) annual meeting.

Immediately after Trump took office last year he pulled the U.S. out of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP). On Tuesday it was announced the TPP’s remaining 11 nations, including Canada, had reached a deal and would sign it in March.

According to Hayes, this is going to give Canada a leg up on the U.S. for the foreseeable future — even if the U.S. has a change of heart.

“Is it in Canada’s best interest to allow the U.S. back in (to TPP), given that they would have preferential access to Japan and Vietnam? I suspect that the damage is permanent, that the U.S. will never be able to get back into TPP,” he said.

North American Free Trade Agreement negotiations are ongoing as well and for Canadian agriculture it might not be the worst thing if it doesn’t work out. According to Hayes, it could lead to Canada receiving preferential access to Mexican markets.

“In the commodity business you can’t pay a 20 per cent duty if the Mexican producers are paying a duty and if the Canadian producers are not paying a duty. Again there could be opportunities here for Canada to the detriment of U.S.,” he said.

There is a plethora of opportunities for Canada trade-wise as the U.S. digs itself into a deeper hole, according to Hayes. During the KAP presentation he praised the Canadian government’s current approach to trade agreements.

“One of the things I’ve noticed is as bad as U.S. trade policy is right now, Canada has actually got some rational trade policies. You’re cutting a European free trade agreement, a bilateral potential free trade agreement with Japan,” he said.

For Canada there is potential for more trade opportunities, Hayes expects demand to grow from densely populated Asian countries such as China.

China has become a wealthy nation and is now paying attention to policies such as animal welfare and cleaning up its environment. It’s become a “rich country with rich country’s desires,” Hayes said.

Producers in China used to raise their own individual pigs and grow small crops, but its agriculture has modernized with larger operations. According to Hayes, China will soon begin to realize farming crops such as soybeans with manual labour on its mountainous terrain isn’t productive and it should switch to growing fruit and importing other crops to be more profitable.

This should have Canada thinking of trying to make a trade deal with China, according to Hayes.

“If (Canada) can get rid of those duties going into China and especially if other countries do not have that access it could revolutionize (Canada). I’ve seen it in Australia. I’ve seen it in New Zealand. When China starts to buy your product you become prosperous.”

If Canada does continue to take advantage of these trade opportunities in a few years it will give the agriculture industry a leg up against its U.S. counterparts, according to Hayes.

“I think the U.S. will recognize eventually that not participating in these agreements is against its long-run best interest, but that’s not the case right now,” he said."

Comment

Just read since Trump took power he has averaged 4 false statements a day.enough said.

Comment

[QUOTE=caseih;368535]it's been two newscasts without any trump bashing ? don't think there was one in a row before , let alone two??? you think maybe their bosses told them to smarten up ? and start reporting news again ? the left leaning whine fest over maybe ? time to cut their losses as US takes off and Canada becomes the laughing stock

I was told to remove this post for offensive language, so it's gone. I guess p***y is a no go.
          Last edited by sk_wheatking; Jan 26, 2018, 11:19.

Comment

Nah he has his hands full right there in the whitehouse!!

Comment

Nah that was Bill Clinton

Comment

Clinton had a cigar in his hand that's different.

Comment

Speaking of pussies does grasshole ever give up with his libtard views.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                    it's been two newscasts without any trump bashing ? don't think there was one in a row before , let alone two??? you think maybe their bosses told them to smarten up ? and start reporting news again ? the left leaning whine fest over maybe ? time to cut their losses as US takes off and Canada becomes the laughing stock of the world?
                    Sooner or later their viewers likely started to drop off since she’s so hard to listen to.

Her boss might of informed her we live in Canada and she will be forced to cover Justin’s blunders.

Comment

Originally posted by sofa.king View Post
                      Speaking of pussies does grasshole ever give up with his libtard views.
                      He probably will when you cons quit your blaming everyone else for all the short comings of the world.

Comment

Don't cut down Lisa Laflamme or make a joke about her or you'll hit a soft spot here on agriville. I got a p.m. to remove or change my post above from admin. Oh well. I guess grass and his group are out to set me straight.

Comment

Choose yours words wisely, should have referred to juvenile feline in your comments

Comment

Originally posted by sk_wheatking View Post
                            Don't cut down Lisa Laflamme or make a joke about her or you'll hit a soft spot here on agriville. I got a p.m. to remove or change my post above from admin. Oh well. I guess grass and his group are out to set me straight.
                            Nothing to do with me so don't try to pin it on me. The site has rules which are laxly enforced so surely you can abide by that low standard? It is rather unfortunate that once again many of the posters choose to post what would be considered throughout broader society as backward and ignorant attitudes. It creates a poor impression of all farmers among anyone who should happen to come across the site.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                              Nothing to do with me so don't try to pin it on me. The site has rules which are laxly enforced so surely you can abide by that low standard? It is rather unfortunate that once again many of the posters choose to post what would be considered throughout broader society as backward and ignorant attitudes. It creates a poor impression of all farmers among anyone who should happen to come across the site.
                              And standing up for, loving, hugging JT gives a horrible impression to the vast majority of reasonable thinking farmers/Canadians.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...