• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like 4 more years of the Big Dyke in Toronto

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The courts could never handle it. There's no doubt some stupid shit happened/happens. And the marches gave awareness of the issue and gave those who felt abused the courage to come forward. I don't like the " get over it" attitude but what is the realistic solution? Will amorous looks towards someone your interested in or an innocent touch be treated the same as preying on or raping someone? Or where between those two extremes will the line be drawn.....!

Sounds like a whole new meaning to "fifty shades of gray

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
      What is your definition of a slight impropriety? What may have been overlooked 10 years ago is not acceptable now. What advantage is gained by these people coming forward now? Get over it ,reality bites.
      Agree Agstar.

In this case the allegations are of an unwanted sexual advance. I don't know what that is, googled it can't find an explanation. If that means attempted **** yep it could be traumatic, if it means he told her she looked pretty and she didn't want to hear it not that big of a deal.

Comment

My 2 cents. I was going to leave this one alone as our society has started calling everyone a Nazi as a rebuttal to everything. Liberal tactic.But this is what wienerville is for.
        **** by definition is a violent crime. Enough said.
        Treating other people rudely is usually handled by societal norms and peer pressure.
        A lot (not all) of the behaviour making the news lately falls into the latter category. Excluding those women who felt intense career pressure to 'get along'.
        I realize the two sexes are different. But if you want equality then both need to use a little common sense. One has to grow up and the other have to grow a pair.

Comment

Secretly performed consensual sex can be twisted into ****....

Sincerely, the evil Devil's Advocate.

Comment

Perhaps this will actually work to the Ontario Conservative's benefit:

- they move quickly to appoint (or elect?) an interim leader

- any female candidate chosen would be about unassailable

- they run on a minimalist platform with their interim leader

- the PCs win because Wynne is doomed by about any other party leader

- PCs elect a party leader after election

The PCs win with nobody as leader.

Moral of the story? Nobody beats Wynne.

(Full Credit to my barrister buddy)

Brown wasn't that well liked. Could this even have been an inside hatchet job?

If the PCs play it right, they could land a majority without a full-time party leader! And after the election, put in the person who will be best for the province, rather than someone with only pc curb appeal.
            Last edited by burnt; Jan 25, 2018, 20:13.

Comment

Lisa Raitt is the obvious choice - she's got ovaries, she's smart, she could open an office tonight and have it fully staffed on Monday. I've heard Caroline Mulroney mentioned - I don't know her but the brand would be her big asset. I agree that the PC's could run a stray tomcat and beat the Whiner but they need to move quickly and a female would be an obvious advantage. I've got to think there's a bunch of fair weather Libs who held their nose and voted for Wynne because she is nominally female but they'd leap at the chance to vote for a real woman.

Comment

Lisa Raitt is federal.

Lisa MacCleod perhaps?

Her name is definitely in the mix.

BTW, Sock boy's turn coming up next?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DUaddsfVwAAoJmD.jpg https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DUaddsfVwAAoJmD.jpg
                Last edited by burnt; Jan 26, 2018, 03:44.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                  Lisa Raitt is federal.

Lisa MacCleod perhaps?

Her name is definitely in the mix.

BTW, Sock boy's turn coming up next?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DUaddsfVwAAoJmD.jpg https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DUaddsfVwAAoJmD.jpg
                  wow , she looks uncomfortable , you don't suppose he has grabbed her , do you ??

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...