• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

90,000 acre organic farm

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning all. Here in my local R.M. we have a so called "Organic Farmer" who rented about 3500 acres of land owned by two local brothers about 6 years ago. The first two years crops were not bad (moisture can make a poor farmer look good IMO)but the last few years there have been weeds corner to corner on some of this land, because this idiot was not doing any summerfallow to control weeds , but kept on continuous cropping , no manure , no nothing. Rich guy from Ontario , who knows nothing about farming and should be banned from farming period.

Here's where the wrinkle comes in :
    Last year the local RM council decides to finally get on this guys ass about his shitty farming practices , with the reeve leading the charge. Now its all worked down with a Protill , and basically an ash pile waing for a good 60 mph wind!
    The Reeve was the guy responsible for letting him come here to farm in the first place .

Comment

Yorkton-Whitewood was the first area I ever saw wall to wall scentless chamomile but that was a long time ago. All gone now I suppose.

Comment

I think they got a Beatle moved in to eat the sentless chamomile, still some around but most is gone

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...