• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shed at Dulwich

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shed at Dulwich

This is mostly for Klause, in response to the customer knows what they want and we must fulfill that desire no matter how ridiculous. They want non GMO food, food without DNA, and we best serve it up.

Well that is absolute bullshit and this is exactly why. One word, marketing. Who ever is best at it, wins.

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/434gqw/i-made-my-shed-the-top-rated-restaurant-on-tripadvisor https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/434gqw/i-made-my-shed-the-top-rated-restaurant-on-tripadvisor

Originally posted by tweety View Post
    This is mostly for Klause, in response to the customer knows what they want and we must fulfill that desire no matter how ridiculous. They want non GMO food, food without DNA, and we best serve it up.

Well that is absolute bullshit and this is exactly why. One word, marketing. Who ever is best at it, wins.

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/434gqw/i-made-my-shed-the-top-rated-restaurant-on-tripadvisor https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/434gqw/i-made-my-shed-the-top-rated-restaurant-on-tripadvisor

http://www.earth-3d.com/?eid=5943725_CA_LAREA_11&title=Dulwich-Canada

You had me excited for a moment Tweety.
    If you blow the map up, you can find my Grandpa's shed at Dulwich, SK.
    He lived there until 1966 when he retired. House and barn are gone - only an old shed left.

Comment

Misinformation is rampant.

What's your point? Humans are mindless sheep for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
        Misinformation is rampant.

What's your point? Humans are mindless sheep for the most part.
        The point is you're going to have to take a position then.

One post you say we best grow what our customers want, and then you say they are sheep.

Which is it?

Comment

The point is you're going to have to take a position then.

One post you say we best grow what our customers want, and then you say they are sheep.

Which is it?

Both.

You never worked directly with customers and don't get it.

The masses - no matter how educated they appear - have no interest in learning about how anything is done. They have notions based mostly on incomplete facts or untruths.

You will not change that.

They have money. They buy food. I'd they want to buy food free from dna let's sell them salt.

Farmers aren't educators and telling people they are wrong we know better do what we say will not work. Ever.

Comment

What you maybe don't realize is those positions people have taken have come from billions of advertising from the lies and bullshit organic industry. That's why they want food without DNA, because they have been told over and over.

Why does an industry like conventional ag worth billions not spend a dollar on advertising?

Rather more fungicide trials, or fertilizer trials. It's insane we sit back and do absolutely nothing about it.

Comment

And this is what we are up against. 'The science' that is 'settled'. In the words of this professor from the school of public health at the UofA "science is the method, not the evidence". Not ag related, but could be.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1142814275988

Comment

Tweety,

I don't want to harp, but...

Let me approach it differently this time.

Angus cowboys designed a program to appeal to eaters. And to cowboys. Stiff compettion from the USA. Stiff competition from charolais and other breeds.

They worked on
                *grading system
                * farmer cooperation and information
                *goals
                *comsumer appeal
                *trade
                Restauants.
                Quality
                Breeding programs.
                Health and safety. Govt.

And when they were set.... they launched.

It took work. Hours. Patience.

And who in 2018 doesn't order an angus steak in a good restaurant. Angus boys set the benchmark.

Organics did the same.

The point is this: do the work. pars

Comment

Parsley you are right the Angus guys worked hard and built a very recognizable product to most consumers. It does bother me though when one part of an industry promotes itself as superior to the rest. Should have been more of a general beef campaign or a specific grade or marbling trait promotion.

And to let the cat out of the bag to you "believers" just cause it says Angus don't make it so. All is it takes is hide color or an Angus ear tag and it makes the cut.

Agree more dollars should be spent on marketing canadian agriculture to consumers. The egg and milk boards do a good job, we've all seen their commercials of the dairy and egg farmers and that connection between an individual farmer (not a corp) and the food people eat is very strong. Grains pulses and oilseeds groups could all do the same sort of campaign.

Comment

GDR,
                    Angus vs Hereford
                    Colgate vs Pepsi
                    Big Rock vs Pilsner
                    GM vs Ford

Competition. That's life in a free country! Those who hustle thrive. Get a vision. Find some friends. Convince. Perfect. Ca Ching. Marketing!

Pars

Comment

Originally posted by parsley View Post
                      GDR,
                      Angus vs Hereford
                      Colgate vs Pepsi
                      Big Rock vs Pilsner
                      GM vs Ford

Competition. That's life in a free country! Those who hustle thrive. Get a vision. Find some friends. Convince. Perfect. Ca Ching. Marketing!

Pars
                      OK, I'll agree, I maybe think we instead of I too much sometimes. Maybe it's ok competition.

Just mean instead of Angus vs Herford the more important fight may be beef vs tofu or Canadian beef vs SA beef etc. when it comes to consumers.

And by the way when I have my rum and Colgate I'll be thinking about you and Pepsi.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                        OK, I'll agree, I maybe think we instead of I too much sometimes. Maybe it's ok competition.

Just mean instead of Angus vs Herford the more important fight may be beef vs tofu or Canadian beef vs SA beef etc. when it comes to consumers.

And by the way when I have my rum and Colgate I'll be thinking about you and Pepsi.
                        Pepsi? Like, .. Pepsi? Oooooh, nooooo.

I'll be slurping the blackberry marguerita.. heh. And damn well liking it. I'm sure it's the salty rim. Otoh, a mai tai with coconut rum and spiced rum is right up there in second place. Stirs up the mind, GDR.😜

Comment

My point is why doesn't the huge grain industry get off its ass and do something besides just whine about all the misinformation?

I'm sorry but being on twitter harping to the choir of followers isn't going to do anything.

Do it when? When glyphosate is banned? Ban GMO while fully allowing mutagenesis? When fertilizer is banned? Ban all pesticides - but still can spray super toxic bee killing organic sprays? Spray 100 times the concentration of bT because in the plant is "dangerous"?

I already know the answer, sit on our hands and whine as the list gets checked off because exactly as Parsley said what needs to be done, we are too lazy to put in the resources to promote our own industry.

Comment

What is a good buy?

Some poor bastard borrows money to buy his fancy a diamond ring costing $8K because diamond marketers have instilled the notion into his head that that stone is more valuable than a ruby or an agate.

Oh, okay.

Maybe farmers should instill in every Canadian that eating a quarter cup of ground flax each day will result in glossy hair for both his woman and his horse.

A better buy. A healthy practice.

But it takes time and money to sell an idea.

Yup. I've paid my dues. #Organics. Pars

Comment

But it has cost our industry a lot Pars - not just money. But, that is our fault. We are lazy and don't care, so we deserve it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...