• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Working in Canada

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grassy....I forgot to mention the picture isn't complete, they're missing a silhouette of Trudeau to the right of Trump! ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      Grassy....I forgot to mention the picture isn't complete, they're missing a silhouette of Trudeau to the right of Trump! ;-)
      ...to the left of Trump - to the extreme left of Trump...and way further down the road...

But a great graphic, non-the-less.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
        ...to the left of Trump - to the extreme left of Trump...and way further down the road...

But a great graphic, non-the-less.
        Politically left? ...because if he's left of Trump on the graphic or even extreme left that would make Trudeau even more evolved than Trump.....

The play on words here can confuse the meaning.

Comment

I have a question how are all the trucking companies now run by New Canadians.

A few weeks ago I couldn't spell Truck Driver Now I is one.

I drive out of city every day and every single truck except maybe one in 20 is new Canadian drivers. The trucks are parked on side streets all weekend.

I had to take the course it wasn't just a easy drive around and here you are.

Yet every single truck is This way.

Again Gov helping one new group and shitting on its old citizens.

Comment

There is gravel being mined out east of the 35 highway midway between the #1 and 48. The trucks got tired of passing each other head on the 35 highway because they destroyed the edge of the driving lane(there is no shoulder)... so, the Gov allowed them to drive a loop. Empty going east down 48, north on 35 to the gravel pit then loaded the rest of the way to the #1 and west into the Regina Bypass project. It is not uncommon to see between 50 and 60 trucks on Highway 48 between my home town and the junction of Highway 1 and 48.

When it rained recently and the highways were sheer ice..... that was interesting! Trucks driving down the middle of the highway on the only dry(not ice covered) pavement there was.... one night I had to pull over once or we would of hit each other(I was driving 70-80 kms/hr).... he had his driver's side in my lane.... he was in the middle of the road. Many other people claimed the same thing... or at the very least crowding the yellow line or a having the driver's side tires just over the yellow line.

RCMP and DOT were notified by many...

Then after reporting them it seemed some of the trucks would attempt to play chicken with passenger vehicles.... drift over towards the yellow line of the highway and then back onto their side...."professional drivers"???????

I'll be glad when they're done.
            Last edited by farmaholic; Jan 22, 2018, 08:13.

Comment

There is gravel being mined out east of the 35 highway midway between the #1 and 48. The trucks got tired of passing each other head on the 35 highway because they destroyed the edge of the driving lane(there is no shoulder)... so, the Gov allowed them to drive a loop. Empty going east down 48, north on 35 to the gravel pit then loaded the rest of the way to the #1 and west into the Regina Bypass project. It is not uncommon to see between 50 and 60 trucks on Highway 48 between my home town and the junction of Highway 1 and 48.

When it rained recently and the highways were sheer ice..... that was interesting! Trucks driving down the middle of the highway on the only dry(not ice covered) pavement there was.... one night I had to pull over once or we would of hit each other(I was driving 70-80 kms/hr).... he had his driver's side in my lane.... he was in the middle of the road. Many other people claimed the same thing... or at the very least crowding the yellow line or a having the driver's side tires just over the yellow line.

RCMP and DOT were notified by many...

Then after reporting them it seemed some of the trucks would attempt to play chicken with passenger vehicles.... drift over towards the yellow line of the highway and then back onto their side...."professional drivers"???????

Lemme guess. Most of them were new Canadians and from Alberta?

There used to be a lot for guys hauling gravel - locals... Then when the economy in Alberta tanked all of their "new" operators came here slashed rates and started causing havoc.

Big reason for this license plate spat with AB

Comment

And that is just the beginning boys!

Comment

And I can't say with any degree of certainty if the offenders were the "New Canadians" or not. I've seen different nationalities behind the steering wheels of those gravel haulers.
                  Last edited by farmaholic; Jan 22, 2018, 13:02.

Comment

Drive defensively when you see them or you may not be around to wave goodbye
                    Do you find various truck parts laying on the road? A sure warning sign

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                      Lemme guess. Most of them were new Canadians and from Alberta?

There used to be a lot for guys hauling gravel - locals... Then when the economy in Alberta tanked all of their "new" operators came here slashed rates and started causing havoc.

Big reason for this license plate spat with AB
                      It’s worse in Ontario. There seem to be two different sets of standards for truck drivers here, one group gets off easy by threatening to cry racism until they do something so egregious it can’t be avoided. Case in point, 4 fatal collisions caused by trucks on the 400 series highways in November, all 4 drivers from SE Asia.
                      Watched one of those professional drivers outside the local grocery store this afternoon, one of the checkout girls had to come out and show him the angles he had to take to back in to the dock because he couldn’t figure out how to back up more than 40’

Comment

We flew into Orlando, drove to Key West and back to Miami, then to Port Canavrel and back to Orlando. We never saw one semi on the roads. Not one, how come? Anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                          I have a question how are all the trucking companies now run by New Canadians.

A few weeks ago I couldn't spell Truck Driver Now I is one.

I drive out of city every day and every single truck except maybe one in 20 is new Canadian drivers. The trucks are parked on side streets all weekend.

I had to take the course it wasn't just a easy drive around and here you are.

Yet every single truck is This way.

Again Gov helping one new group and shitting on its old citizens.
                          apparently they low ball jobs, must work cheap. i know of one established MB trucking company that had to close their doors.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                            apparently they low ball jobs, must work cheap. i know of one established MB trucking company that had to close their doors.
                            Gravel trucks used to make $1,400-1,600 a day... When I quit after all the new Canadians took over it was $900 a day.

Trucks falling off of scales. Trucks rolling over in the pits. And none of them could run a loader to load themselves... But they could do it for half price.

Now they are into hauling grain. Today one was ahead of me... Took 20 minutes to line up his rear trailer with the unload chute. Then left without pulling ahead to get a tare weight or paperwork.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                              Drive defensively when you see them or you may not be around to wave goodbye
                              Do you find various truck parts laying on the road? A sure warning sign
                              Thanks 101.... will heed the advice.

Comment

Yeah, lots of stories from when I was driving, like guys who couldn't turn a bobtail around in the yard if they had to do a three point. In Vancouver they cut rates and completely took over off loading ships business, then went on strike for higher rates. Got a hundred stories, anyhow, the news never reports the drivers name anymore, when there's an accident, and auto shift has been a godsend.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...