• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

End of the Week Thursday Report.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
    Moisture maps of Western Canada don't look pretty....unless you like the color RED!!!!!
    Check out this GrainNews for moisture maps.

Quite a change in one year.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      As we stand today, if now was May 10th with the amount of moisture we have, I couldn't get canola or flax established if my life depended on it.

Hoping for a break from the trend. There's still time.

Can you imagine canola prices if it stays dry. Moisture maps of Western Canada don't look pretty....unless you like the color RED!!!!!
      Didnt you hear all the reports. Crops dont need rain anymore the seed is so good

Comment

Sad part is some will find out the hard way all these new varieties were bred in the wet years and thats why the big yields some achieved. The seed isn't any better than we had before. Its called rain that made grain. Last year 15 years of excess created a big crop. The tank is empty and seed won't save the show.

Sad fact.

Comment

You know the more I listen to yhyou liberals and JT yap they never back down from a stanc no matter how bad of a decision it is or was. Got to give it to them die on their sword.

Oh latest poll 3% points behind we’re gaining and will win the next one

Comment

You know the more I listen to the liberals and JT yap they never back down from a stanc no matter how bad of a decision it is or was. Got to give it to them die on their sword.

Comment

If soil is still dry in May, wonder how many of us will back off on seeding plan to put canola on half our acres?
              Think it makes sense on fall banded acres to go ahead and gamble on growing season moisture.
              Crop insurance and one more year of Agristability coverage says do it.
              Also prospect for lower production and higher prices.
              Every farm will have to look at own position.

Comment

Hopalong.....we aren't in crop insurance but did some looking. Took the last ten years of data submitted to Ag-Stab-Me-In-The-Back and probably only three times on one crop(canola and durum) out of all the crop types we grew in those ten years would have we been in a claim position at 70% coverage(maybe even 60%). Have been reporting at or above area average yeilds, then they only cover "up to" 80% of average. The "what if" on canola on our middle of the road soil class at 80% coverage has us paying a premium of about $22/ac. I actually had to phone and ask if that needed to be reduced because they claim Govs subsidize the premiums.....nope, that's all mine. We have no experience/low claims discount unless I could convince them that from my AgStab data I would have hardly ever collected...going to try and cross that bridge.

Moral of the story....crop insurance would have never really been "worth it" for us. But current conditions are making me nervous. If it is SUPER bad AgStab would cover some expenses.

Ultimately, insurance isn't supposed to be profitable. Lol.

Take care.
                Last edited by farmaholic; Jan 20, 2018, 20:43.

Comment

I keep reading canola acres will increase in 2018 but time will tell.

Comment

We are going to wish it was dry in mid May. Weather will change before spring and very expensive canola will be seeded wall to wall. Nice and foggy today here today. Going to need 40+ to make break even. Good luck to all.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                      You know the more I listen to the liberals and JT yap they never back down from a stanc no matter how bad of a decision it is or was. Got to give it to them die on their sword.

Same Pic diff idea...Click image for larger version

Name:	a brain.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	766172

Comment

Booking tickets to the Florida Panthers for the next two months. Can get 4 beer 4 hotdogs 4 popcorn and souvenir.

One week they are out of town and three weeks they are home. Games start at 10 to 35 to 100 to 276, Toronto is playing one of the games.

Ah the USA.

If I was 30 I think I would sell out in Canada and Move lock stock and Barrel to Argentina. Its looking more Safe, Better infrastructure, gov thats more with it, and probably could by 90000 acres if we moved today.

Seed that you dont have to pay fees after a three years wow. Not cradle to grave like Canada. Fert that you truck from coast and can actually bid for product from 20 different places. Not this is the price its going up tomorrow pay. Equipment thats not just Deere CASE AND NH Massey.

Yea if i was only 35 again instead of a snowbird slash senior.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...