• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

End of the Week Thursday Report.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys dont get fixed spread contracts and floating spread? Its your call when you sign up. Known price known spread others if you think they may be a premium go for floating.?

Maybe your marketers are a bit behind with various options

Comment

I think we are behind with our contracts. Grain companies win every time in canada

Comment

Fact is every year they seem to find a way to steal .25 to at least .50 per bu. Usually off the combine is the worst almost worth just selling canola and binning wheat till after they are done praying on the off the combine crowd. Although this year we delivered a bunch of wheat early before they had a chance to widen protien spreads to that was nice. Anyway fuz, mildew, low falling number, low pro, ergot and the list goes on there is always some way to discount the wheat that is pre contracted.

Comment

Oh and might I add no market transparency Ritz said we didnt need it lol. Who knows what the real protien discounts are for sales made out of prots we have no way of knowing.

Comment

Oh burn BGMB.... you are so right...they have a huge arsenal to use. There's always something.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
              I think we are behind with our contracts. Grain companies win every time in canada
              Can't possibly be its all sunshine and roses post CWB

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
                Oh and might I add no market transparency Ritz said we didnt need it lol. Who knows what the real protien discounts are for sales made out of prots we have no way of knowing.
                Mallee refers to our marketers. Do we have marketers that work for us or are they our buyers and market on their behalf?
                As far as transparency goes Ritz set it up so we can see average price last week in any large area.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
                  Mallee refers to our marketers. Do we have marketers that work for us or are they our buyers and market on their behalf?
                  As far as transparency goes Ritz set it up so we can see average price last week in any large area.
                  Ok show me where i can view export values

Comment

Horse. In short. Not one bitching arse on here wants the board back. Under a rock for 80 years is part of the problem today. Px had the same spreads on the world market before this. Px machines varied as well. We need to know what we have better now beforehand. Companies can now pull what they want by pricing. You have to know.
                    If there are still problems at least we dealt with the biggest damn one.
                    The board had nothing to do with any of todays bitching it just commanded all of it before. Far enough back it pooled the px even.
                    The board would hold up entire unit trains if 2 cars were slightly below a 13.5 call.
                    Remember trying to grow anything but HR? They couldnt even *** sell it after they gave you permission to plant it.
                    Read our lips. NO ONE wants it back! Go ahead ask the hardest done by on here.

Comment

sold cattle before 70 all over Canada including Ontario! and montana
                      free enterprice was always our motto in the feedlot
                      yes sask is taking about dry ! but me be some could be right on , they have the experience!
                      so big that country here in south ab we irrigate pay 2 million for 1/4 and still go broke !!
                      it is all how good of a farmer you are ! and know how to manage and doint forget the nice live stile comes with it . try city life or retire to the old folks home ! then this nice old farming style was o-k !!!!
                      love reading agriville , keep at it [HAVE TO FIND SPELL CHECK ]
                      happy NEW-YEAR

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
                        Ok show me where i can view export values
                        #2 13.5 leaving Vancouver last week $9.03 a bushel.

Comment

Originally posted by agboy View Post
                          sold cattle before 70 all over Canada including Ontario! and montana
                          free enterprice was always our motto in the feedlot
                          yes sask is taking about dry ! but me be some could be right on , they have the experience!
                          so big that country here in south ab we irrigate pay 2 million for 1/4 and still go broke !!
                          it is all how good of a farmer you are ! and know how to manage and doint forget the nice live stile comes with it . try city life or retire to the old folks home ! then this nice old farming style was o-k !!!!
                          love reading agriville , keep at it [HAVE TO FIND SPELL CHECK ]
                          happy NEW-YEAR
                          Good lord! You better go and finish English 10 also.

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                            #2 13.5 leaving Vancouver last week $9.03 a bushel.
                            Well if you watch Dragons Den..
                            You have to double your costs or it's not worth doing..
                            Applys to all except farmers..

Comment

Watched a program in Mexico about a USA guy that owns Landrys group and he was looking to help people out. In one of the programs a Organic beef farmer was doing a pitch. The guy also had his wife doing organic garden.

Well they took beef to the guys restaurants and had his cooks prepare the vegetables and meat. They food was presented to the paying customers and wow they all liked the vegetables but the beef that was just free range grass fed was dry and sucked. according to all who ate the meals.

See we farmers know this the animal is fattened up before its butchered so the marble is their and helps the meat cook oh so good and taste oh so good.

The guy did get a contract for his organic vegetables but the beef was a bust.

Makes total sense.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...