• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Videos from down south

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Klause View Post
    These super large corporations would not exist in a free market.

They exist because they have manipulated our governments through subsidy and taxation schemes and these bizarre one sided trade agreements...

These super large corps have no ability to stand on their own legal without government help.

Do you think Monsanto or pioneer would be as big as they are if upov91 didn't exist ?

A capitalist capitalizes current and future opportunities. Don't blame the company blame the governments that allow such things to happen
    I think if you look at who opposed UPOV 91 and who supported it you will find it was the free market oriented farm groups and business interests who said we need Upov91 to increase investment.

I agree that governments are often complicit in supporting concentration and power in the hands of corporations. But many farm groups have argued strongly to get government out of the way and let the market work without intervention.

In a competitive free market businesses are always trying to increase market share and put the competitors out of business so they can increase profits for their shareholders. What would stop that from happening in an unregulated marketplace?

And are you fully ready to accept Chinese and Saudi ownership of key Canadian resources and industries? Unrestricted foreign ownership?

Comment

I'm too old to move and start over. Besides I'm established here. But I can't help to think that my Great Grand Father left what he knew to risk taking an opportunity to make a new home and life for his family in a foreign land. Starting and expanding a farm in Western Canada has become difficult compared to just ten years ago.

Got to wonder if going as a group and settling in the same area would be beneficial....cultural and familiarity to support each other.

Comment

Yerry sold whatever assets of a grain marketer to the Saudis for nothing zero dollars. ...

So while we expensed bullets fighting their war they built assets in Canada. ...brilliant hey?

Who were the cheerleaders of towels?

Comment

[QUOTE=Klause;367194]Many of you go vacationing... I really really suggest putting Argentina in your list. Cheaper than here safer than Mexico and a lot more to see and do in a friendly culture.

https://youtu.be/WnXVP4m0XoY[/QU Our resort in Mexico was half full of people from Argentina.

Comment

That move would be one hell of a cattle drive and make an interesting tv reality show

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...