• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donald Trump speech at American Farm Bureau convention video - what do you think?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
    Or as an American farmer friend of mine says "Whoever wrote POTUS Trump's speech for the Farm Bureau meeting knows something about agriculture...a farm family of four making $75,000 a year needs a $20,000,000 inheritance tax exemption so they can pass this .375 % return on investment opportunity on to the next generation death tax free...MAGA...making agriculture great again...woo woo..."
    compared to what we have here , saying farmers and small businesses are cheating taxes , what an arrogant prick , I wished he would care enough to get someone to write a speech to deliver to farmers . or even give us a real Ag minister ??.?.?

Comment

Grass you would stick up for Trudeau any day of the week, And on the same day cut down every thing trump does.

Its funny we have the true idiot running a country yet deflect look over here the USA is so bad. Their going forward were going backward. But look over here its so bad.

Ah the Liberal play book.

Tax tax tax tax tax.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
        compared to what we have here , saying farmers and small businesses are cheating taxes , what an arrogant prick , I wished he would care enough to get someone to write a speech to deliver to farmers . or even give us a real Ag minister ??.?.?

Suffice it to say, allwe need is one or two agricultural westerners to get elected to the Liberal party. We need a friendly coup.

Comment

I listened to Trump's interview and sound bits from his speech on Rural Radio yesterday while hauling grain. Whether you think his speech is just lip service or not, the message from the white house is that agriculture matters to the U.S. They plan on improving and adding to transportation infastructure and making sure rural areas have access to broadband internet services. Can someone explain to me how or when we lost that same sentiment in Canada, and this doesn't fall along party lines as numerous successive governments in my opinion have not had a comprehensive policy on Ag. I am sure there will be those of you who disagree with me and say that the Growing Forward programs were adequate but in my experience with them they were complicated to figure out except Agrinvest and didn't help those who really needed it, and as soon as agriculture had some upturn they were gutted to appease the backlash from urbannites and secure those votes. We have no unified lobby group like the Farm Bureau to pressure Ottawa. I guess after my rant the question would be why agriculture is not held in as high esteem and importance to the success of this country like it used to be?

Comment

Like I said in another thread ...it funny to listen to Ralph Goodale say how the American farm organizations like nafta and are lobbying as such while Ralph and his government don't give a shit about agriculture out here....

They care ....like the conservatives.....about the big business of ag but not the farmers....

Call any MP about the closure of an elevator and see what the staff has to say....they are in the back pocket of the big companies....

Can't stop an elevator closure but can tell BHP to **** off when potash Corp was for sale....

Comment

Yes American agriculture knows that it needs NAFTA and it has the ear of the president, so that is a good thing. However if Trump decides to tear up NAFTA he will immediately start negotiating unilateral deals with other countries and that is not a good thing, for us anyways. Our present government could not negotiate a trade deal if it slapped them in the face and don't seem to want to be bothered to try and fix the trade deals we have now. This government is fast losing ground on trade deals made in the past.

Comment

Then there's the 20% tax break on grain deliveries to local co-ops.... completely sticking it in the ass of ABC. I have no idea how they got 1 through but the major grain co are at a significant disadvantage to the local coop. Why can't we get something like? Is the farmer gonna receive the full benefit? I doubt it but it's creating competition against the "bad guys" and retains some of that money locally. Utility rates are also to drop... the grass is getting greener over there. Not 1 single reference to "paying their fair share" or dodging tax.
                Last edited by macdon02; Jan 10, 2018, 09:26.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...