• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Future looks bright...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna agree with Horse over purple gas. Get rid of it.

Comment

What do you think will happen when the leader of a country says things like "The budget will balance it self" and his only motivation is to look good to the UN and the Leonardo DiCaprio's of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
        NO I don't like taxes ,carbon or others but I do realize govs need money to operate I do take offence to how they spend it. I just get tired of the same old poor me shit that some on here spout,a new song sheet would be refreshing, every Canadian is paying and the fact farm fuel is exempt will give the rest of society more to complain about agriculture.
        The carbon tax is supposed to be revenue neutral so it shouldn’t be a factor for operating the government bureaucracies. 🙈

If you think a civil servant in Edmonton pays a similar amount of carbon tax directly or indirectly to a grain farmer you need to look at your expenses closer.
        Fuel is one of many items that will be affected.
        This tax will hit rural, business owners the hardest and the civil servant workers the least.....

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
          Horse, do you actually think a carbon tax is a good idea?

If yes, what positive impact will it have?
          Oliver, what is the tax being used for besides rebates?

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
            Oliver, what is the tax being used for besides rebates?
            Likely depends on province but from what I see out of Alberta it would be:
            -Hire civil servants to administer tax collections and redistribute the funds
            -“Green projects” that will lead to higher electricity costs. Subsidized electric cars.
            -Advertising budget to remind Albertans to reduce consumption of beef, etc. 😂
            -General Revenue likely takes some of the taxpayers $ as well.

End result is wealth distribution with no change in climate, weather, temperatures, GHG levels.....

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
              Likely depends on province but from what I see out of Alberta it would be:
              -Hire civil servants to administer tax collections and redistribute the funds
              -“Green projects” that will lead to higher electricity costs. Subsidized electric cars.
              -Advertising budget to remind Albertans to reduce consumption of beef, etc. 😂
              -General Revenue likely takes some of the taxpayers $ as well.

End result is wealth distribution with no change in climate, weather, temperatures, GHG levels.....
              Agreed , in all of Canada will be the same song sheet .

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                Where is the money going to come from horse ????? The fairy god mother , tooth fairy ???
                Again , someone answer this ... the amount of money need will absolutely kill the middle class . It will not come from those with the ability to actually pay for it .

Comment

Again , someone answer this ... the amount of money need will absolutely kill the middle class . It will not come from those with the ability to actually pay for it .
                  Your a hard man to please ,not long ago on another thread you told me I should go to university and get that CEO job and earn 50 or so mill, then you defend all those using corps to reduce taxes, not the poor middle class,(what is middle class any way ) those in the 7 figure claim they aren't, those in 6 figure incomes aren't, the avg is suposibly at 55,000.
                  So if the gov is looking for money where do you think they should get it,can't get blood out of a stone.

Comment

Carbon tax hurts the poorest the most, more for food and heat and transit. But that’s the liberal way, tax the vulnerable and lie about it.

If they want to make a difference in emissions just ban private jets.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...