• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interest Rate Hike and Phoney Baloney Job Numbers?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Errol morneau unless I misheard who it was as I was loading grain Is predicting a huge slow down in the economy, a rise in interest rates will totally shit is downwont it. Throw in less trade and holy crap.

Better not call third world countries shitholes as we will be one ourselves soon I m thinking.

Comment

Welcome to Shithole Canada brought to you by your Friendly Liberal Governments.

Oil drilling on a tear in USA and Canada is shutting down or min investment.

Biggest rig in Edmonton is in Texas working now.

Yea JT is so intelligent and in full charge.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
        Errol morneau unless I misheard who it was as I was loading grain Is predicting a huge slow down in the economy, a rise in interest rates will totally shit is downwont it. Throw in less trade and holy crap.

Better not call third world countries shitholes as we will be one ourselves soon I m thinking.
        The ignition point is; the U.S. . . . The Fed is in desperation mode to hike rates so they will have some ammo to cut rates and start printing money again when the next recession strikes. Plus they are beginning to sell bonds back to the market to gradually unwind their $4.5 trillion balance sheet. This is a true tightrope act . . . .

The BOC may hike rates here a further 1/4 percent next week. This is a mistake (IMO). Central bankers are now playing with economic fire as their manipulative powers fade.

Comment

On BNN yesterday, it was suggested/leaked that the economic numbers given to Morneau to present to the caucus meeting are less than weak,,, they are dismal.

The fakery can only go on so long.

The Liberal Party strategy will likely be to hide this as long as possible and when NAFTA collapses, blame it all on Trump and NAFTA failure.

Good ground to campaign on for the next fed election.

Comment

Just how do job numbers work: as many baby boomers retire jobs are opening all over to replace them. If this is replacing an existing job already in the job market does the system calculate this as a new job posting? The reality is baby boomers leaving the work force en mass will affect statistics dramatically and create good employment opportunities. This does not signal job growth, as this is not a new job, so it depends on how statistics reflect the job openings created by retirees.

I expect even with the increase of AI in the job market retirees will create employment opportunities for the next 10 to 15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by danny W1M View Post
              The Liberal Party strategy will likely be to hide this as long as possible and when NAFTA collapses, blame it all on Trump and NAFTA failure.
              Good ground to campaign on for the next fed election.
              I am starting to think they want the NAFTA deal to die for political reasons and blaming Trump. Autoworker union leaders seem to be friends of sockboy.

Reuters is on the fence with a rate increase tomorrow......

Comment

Raising rates will collapse our dollar as bancruptxies will be through the roof.
                Rates don't need to rise. The criteria to give loans should be more serious. Loans for business to create jobs should not be as difficult to get as loans for a trip to the Bahamas. That's the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                  Raising rates will collapse our dollar as bancruptxies will be through the roof.
                  Rates don't need to rise. The criteria to give loans should be more serious. Loans for business to create jobs should not be as difficult to get as loans for a trip to the Bahamas. That's the problem.
                  Hoots have paid over a million for a quarter of dryland in southern AB. NEED higher rates now. We have to remember that government never raises rates, they just slow down the suppression of them by slowing the printing press. There is no way a prime rate of 3.2% would exist with the gigantic debt levels of today in a free market environment. (Debt would never get this high as rates would signal deleverage time). Right now government spends trillions to prop the economy up and at some point it is going to have to stand on its own. Won't be pretty but have some dry powder for opportunity.

Comment

If the average house hold has less than $200.00 left after all the bills are paid i would say were in a whole big problem now.

Add the stupid amount of debt on farms etc and a interest rate increase will destroy canada.

Or is that the plan all along.

Borrow and get all the toys then pull the rug out and let the Chinese take over Just saying, No but cool to think about.

Comment

its not the rate increase that will destroy the Canuckistanian economy, but the money printing that resulted in ultra low rates that has already done it. Can't have the economy needing billions of stimulus on going but that is were it is at.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                        If the average house hold has less than $200.00 left after all the bills are paid i would say were in a whole big problem now.

Add the stupid amount of debt on farms etc and a interest rate increase will destroy canada.

Or is that the plan all along.

Borrow and get all the toys then pull the rug out and let the Chinese take over Just saying, No but cool to think about.
                        If you have the majority of the population relying on govt for food on the table, getting re elected comes down to who is gonna promise you more food and take more from the 1%. China isn't taking over they have a liquidity crisis unfolding.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...