• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elevator closure

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bucket View Post
    OK I get the 50 car spot thing but if it could be expanded why not?

Plus as far as efficiency goes how does an elevator load in 24 hours and then have the train sit for 8 days....seems the gain in efficiency is lost if the train isn't hooked up the minute the last car is released. ...

On branch lines why not accumulate a 112 and put the train together. ..
    Local new high thruput not a grain family company got flax cars 3 weeks ago. Cp wanted them loaded that Sunday.

Cars still there today.

Who pays the employees over time for loading Sunday?

Comment

I also think from a safety point of view the railways should implement a new time frame for loading...if they know they are not picking up in 3 days allow the elevator reasonable time....

Weather is an excuse for the railways even after 125 years....

Comment

Then when the elevator has a unit train spot they have to go out and buy power to move the cars around even on a loop track.
        Have loaded producer cars in 30-35 below weather only to have them sit on the siding for days and days. So much for just in time shipping

Comment

In talking to a viterra higher up after telling me I only did a small amount of dollar business with them last year....he wouldn't listen when I tried to tell him that eyebrow wasn't open past 4 pm or weekends and they kept it plugged for no good reason. ..

Using the lentil market is a pretty lame excuse considering they only bought lentils there for 2 years.....

Good thing they don't feel responsible for how the grain left their facilities ....by road it wasn't their responsibility to make sure truckers took a different secondary highway route of eyebrow with primary weights....so it was the truckers that ruined highway 42....not the viterra contract to truck grain eyebrow to raymore.

No worries about highways in viterra's mind because they pay lots of taxes ...we should all bow down to them....

I have spoke to arrogant people before but that conversation takes the cake....

Comment

Did he ask you what they could do to earn your business?

Comment

The marketing rep that informed of the closure on Friday said he think they will be competitive with prices....

So I asked about the extra fuel wear and tear storage required and how much more they are paying exactly....no answer.

Then I told him I also wouldn't mind a place to have a coffee and a bathroom after an hour and a half drive extra.....he laughed...I didn't think it was funny...because I have been in lineups longer than my drive in...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                I have spoke to arrogant people before but that conversation takes the cake....
                Wow 50 plus years and how little things have changed....

Did he ask you what they could do to earn your business?
                LOL
                I wonder if Saskatoon's old Gov. elevator will be gone in my lifetime...
                http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/the-elevator-goes-down-a-new-book-remembers-the-ogden-federal-grain-elevator http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/the-elevator-goes-down-a-new-book-remembers-the-ogden-federal-grain-elevator

Comment

Wonder if there is anything else on this site in Ogden today? The value of industrial land was supposedly a part of the calculation. Nobody had thought of 4 years of recession in Calgary happening back in 2013.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...