• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Boyle issue

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The lawyer found Boyle. Most likely with Justin's help.

Comment

Originally posted by westernvicki View Post
      Well good luck, at the end of the day getting CTV or CBC to have any interest in reporting anything but sunshine and roses and great photos of Justin lousy ones of Sheer there truly is #nothingtoseehere #nothingtoseeorhear for Canadians in general.

Perception is everything - reality is the enemy.

Comment

Whether it's the case here at home remains to be seen, but the international perception of Trudeau as a complete moron is starting to blend with reality. Lee Humphrey gives some chilling outlook here:

https://omny.fm/shows/on-point-with-alex-pierson/lee-humphrey-spoke-with-joshua-boyle-in-afghanista
        https://omny.fm/shows/on-point-with-alex-pierson/lee-humphrey-spoke-with-joshua-boyle-in-afghanista

Whereas Trump is overtly tearing up the FBI, Trudeau is quietly undermining the RCMP by ignoring them to hold a photo-op conference with a known terrorist sympathizer.

sock boy's actions and pro-Islamist stance will not turn out well for Canada.

Hello Canadians, meet your first Muslim prime minister.

Comment

On a positive note, when I first saw the thread title, I naturally assumed that my favourite British singer who looks like a super model was involved in some type of sex scandal or wardrobe malfunction. What a relief to know that I can safely continue to fantasize about Susan Boyle and she can continue to be an inspiration to us all.

Comment

Originally posted by westernvicki View Post
            It's all part of the same deal: the folks who did in the in depth analysis and brought us the carbon tax, advised the PMO to bring Boyle to Canada, and then provided the opportunity for the photo op. All good planning, #nothingtoseehere.
            Advised the PMO to bring him to Canada? Where else would a Canadian citizen go when released from captivity after 5 years of torture and abuse by the Taliban? You all talk of this guy as if he was a middle-eastern terrorist - if that were the case why do you think the Taliban were holding him?

Comment

Really??? Five years as a hostage and only alleged mental scarring. Not really the m.o of these barbarians is it? How many American hostages (wife is American)of the Taliban survive. It was the Americans thankfully that negotiated their release. Trudeau's meeting was to apologise for that with tears.

Comment

I would put money on him being a bad ISIS warlord and he probably ****d and killed hundreds. I cant want till they place him in a beheading video. This hostage crap was just a easy way to get home when the heat was getting too high in Afghanistan.

Comment

I would say this is the look of a killer.

Comment

Comment

Breadwinner, in this video, Lee Humphrey would not agree with you. But who knows? Also, Humphrey expresses deep consternation at Canada's inability to deal with this type of thing, especially under Trudeau's "leadership", LOL.

Trump is what he is, but our Prime Minister is the world's village idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by binthere View Post
                        Really??? Five years as a hostage and only alleged mental scarring. Not really the m.o of these barbarians is it? How many American hostages (wife is American)of the Taliban survive. It was the Americans thankfully that negotiated their release. Trudeau's meeting was to apologise for that with tears.
                        There is actually quite a substantial list of people of all nationalities kidnapped by the Taliban in Afghanistan, some rescued, some released, some killed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_hostages_in_Afghanistan

Comment

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/10/12/inside-american-caitlan-colemans-five-year-ordeal-as-a-taliban-prisoner/?utm_term=.3c3f3b392303
                          Inside American Caitlan Coleman’s five-year ordeal as a Taliban prisoner
                          By Amanda Erickson October 13, 2017
                          2:12
                          American woman, family freed after 5 years as Taliban hostages

American Caitlan Coleman and her husband, Joshua Boyle, were freed more than five years after they were abducted by a Taliban-linked faction in Afghanistan. (Joyce Lee/The Washington Post)

It must have felt like such an exciting time: Caitlan Coleman and her husband, Joshua Boyle, were embarking on a six-month adventure through Central Asia.

But their exuberant trip ended in a nightmare: In the fall of 2012, they were kidnapped by Taliban fighters. Over the next five years, relatives and friends could do little but pray for the couple's well-being. Hope came in the form of short video clips released by the captors. It was through that footage that the couple's families got to glimpse Coleman and Boyle's three children, born in captivity.

Though U.S. or Canadian officials got close to negotiating the family's release a couple of times, each attempt was scuttled.

Finally, Wednesday, the family was freed.

Here's a look at how Coleman and Boyle's ordeal unfolded:

July 4, 2012: Shortly before she hopped on a plane, Coleman sent an email to her friends. “Our flight leaves at 4 p.m.," she wrote. “Only God knows exactly where it will lead or what all can be accomplished, seen, experienced or learned while we travel. So we put ourselves in His hands.”

Coleman and Boyle planned to spend several months hiking through Tajikistan, Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan, the “safe ’stans,” Coleman told her parents. She promised that she wouldn't go to Afghanistan, though Boyle was fascinated by the country. Coleman and Boyle had another secret, too — Coleman was pregnant.

September 2012: Coleman emailed with friends every several weeks. In one missive, she wrote:

“I enjoy getting to know some of the most unique, quirky people I have ever met, and learning from them. It really gives you a different perspective on the world. We in the U.S. are taught to fear it … to the point that the U.S. State Department website’s current ‘travel advisory’ is advising people to simply not travel outside of the U.S. … but it’s a whole different world outside.”

In another email, she described her border crossing from Kyrgyzstan into Tajikistan at night as the “strangest, sketchiest ride yet.” The pair flagged an early-morning taxi and were driven to a farmhouse, where they were made to wait for 18 hours until they could leave in a caravan of travelers. “All turned out to be okay. … They didn’t try to demand any more money from us, and we were able to get some dinner.”

Caitlan Coleman and Joshua Boyle in an undated photo. (Coleman Family/AP)

Oct. 8, 2012: Boyle sent an email to Coleman's parents, saying they were in an “unsafe” part of Afghanistan. The next day, the couple made their final withdrawal from their bank account. Soon after, they were abducted in Afghanistan's Wardak province, a Taliban stronghold southwest of the capital. Officials believe they were eventually moved to Pakistan.

[American woman, Canadian husband and children freed in Pakistan after 5-year hostage ordeal]

June 4, 2014: Coleman's family released the two videos it received in 2013 of the couple with their children. As The Washington Post reported at the time: “The videos offer the first and only clues about what happened to Caitlan Coleman and Joshua Boyle after they lost touch with their families 20 months ago while traveling in a mountainous region near the capital, Kabul.”

The video clips were emailed to Coleman's father in July and September by an Afghan man who said he had ties to the Taliban. In one, Coleman — her head covered — appeals to “my president, Barack Obama” for help. “I would ask that my family and my government do everything that they can to bring my husband, child and I to safety and freedom,” Coleman, then 28, says.

November 2015: Coleman's family received a letter stating that she has given birth to a second child in captivity. “I pray to hear from you again, to hear how everybody is doing,” the letter said.

June 11, 2015: Lt. Col. Jason Amerine, a member of the U.S. Army Special Forces, testified before Congress that the military had nearly negotiated the release of Coleman and six other American hostages held by the Taliban in Afghanistan and Pakistan, only to see the deal collapse because of “infighting within the Obama administration.” The deal would have freed all seven hostages; in exchange, the United States would have had to release an Afghan drug lord.

January 2016: Canadian officials brokered a deal to free Colin Rutherford, another Canadian held captive by militants, along with Coleman and Boyle. Rutherford was freed, but the couple and their children remained in custody.

This image from video provided by the Coleman family shows Caitlan Coleman and Joshua Boyle. The videos offered the first clue about what happened to Coleman and Boyle after they lost touch with their family. (Coleman family/AP)

June 2016: Coleman's family sent a videotaped message to the Taliban during the holy month of Ramadan, thanking the militant group for keeping their daughter alive and pleading for her safe return. “We desperately want to be with and hold our daughter and grandsons,” James Coleman said in the video. “As a man, father and now grandfather, I am asking you to show mercy and release my daughter, her husband and their beautiful children.”

Aug. 31, 2016: Another video was released. In it, Coleman is dressed in a traditional Muslim women's covering known as an abaya and avoids eye contact with the camera. The couple begs for their lives, warning that their captors will kill them and their kids unless the United States and Canada stop killing Taliban fighters. “Because of their fear, they are willing to kill us, willing to kill women, to kill children, to kill whomever to get these policies reversed or to take revenge,” Coleman says. “… I know that this must be very terrifying and horrifying for my family to hear that these men are willing to go to these lengths. But they are, so if you are willing, if you are able to do anything to help, if you could, please try to help stop this depravity.” (A Taliban spokesman told the Associated Press that the video was recorded in 2015.)

A senior Taliban official told Reuters that the video was released to pressure the Afghan government not to execute Anas Haqqani, son of Jalaluddin Haqqani, founder of the feared Haqqani network. Anas Haqqani was on trial in Afghanistan and faced the death penalty.

December 2016: The Taliban released a fourth video of the family. “We have waited since 2012 for someone to understand our problems, the Kafkaesque nightmare in which we find ourselves,” Coleman says in the video. “My children have seen their mother defiled. We ask, in our collective 14th year of prison, that the governments on both sides reach some agreement to allow us freedom.”

An image of the family from a video posted by the Taliban on social media on Dec. 19, 2016. (Taliban video/Reuters)

September 2017: The Boyle family released a video of Coleman and Boyle it had received in February. In it, Coleman is cradling an infant. The couple's 4-year-old sits with his father. In the video, Boyle jokes about the letters he received from his family. “Things here are going about as can be expected,” he says. “But we were buoyed to receive your letter, and for the first time we have hope that things might wrap up soon, God willing.” Coleman tells her father that in prison “I’ve become more of a Belle than an Ariel.” Her father explained to ABC News that his daughter was trying to contrast the Disney character Ariel from “The Little Mermaid” — who was rebellious and defied her father — with Belle from “Beauty and The Beast,” who tried to protect her father from evil.

Oct. 11, 2017: Coleman, Boyle and their children are freed. According to the Toronto Star, the family was being transported in the trunk of a car when they were rescued. A shootout ensued, and all five kidnappers were killed. Boyle was injured by shrapnel but said he's recovering and “doing well for someone who spent the last five years in an underground prison.”

Boyle's aunt told Canadian broadcaster Global TV: "It's a blessing that those children have survived, and they're young enough that they can live a normal life." The Coleman family posted a note on their front door asking for privacy as they process this "joyful news."

Comment

you guys sticking up for this pos need to ask yourself wtf he was doing backpacking in the middle of the taliban , ffs ???

Comment

Originally posted by BreadWinner View Post
                              what a nice outstanding looking young man , hard to believe

Comment

What if the 10 returning "former " Isis fighters are actually still active Isis fighters , Boyle is the leader of a new faction of Canadian terrorists and the 10.5 million paid to Khadr is seed money to help establish and arm the new faction to unleash terror on our country. Behind it all the Aga Khan and figurehead Trudope to facilitate the integration of Isis members. Too far fetched? Nothing as it seems, especially with Trudope, pass me some tinfoil.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...