• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SK Pulse annual report - any suggestions going forward?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Klause, your account of your parents' saga makes me feel pretty privileged. Even the dirty, dusty, crazy eighties and the bad memories that are engrained on my mind don't hold a candle to bombs dropping and violent regimes. But it is sad to see the naivety of these governments who are implimenting policies that are destroying our industry as in UPOV, now allowing potash companies to merge and not allowing open running rights on monopoly railways, just to name a few. We are being royally screwed over and allowing it happen without so much as a whimper.

Comment

Klaus, some of the best defenders of Canada are the Canadians who more recently came from other countries. A conversation that always stuck with me was one of a wonderful man who influenced many telling of how his family left the Volga valley he witnessed as a child passing burned out villages. They came to Saskatchewan with nothing had little here, then the dry 30s hit and even food was scarce, I asked what kept them going the simple answer was: hope: they knew it would get better. While many of us have never witnessed events so traumatic as your story Klaus, and this one, we have watched our parents and lived our own story of building, & maintaining during difficult times, and anyone farming today has likely a set of parallels in the analogs of their family.

Hope was the one thing in common from many who tell these stories, more or less traumatic, it is the ardent embrace of a country that provided opportunity for them and mostly for their children.

Prosperity takes a long time to build, and is often the result of an environment which enables growth and respects the will of those who would. Prosperity can be more difficult to maintain than to build because prosperity has it's own set of challenges. While many in government today have not lived with their own set of stories of challenges driven by some aspect of deprivation, we have to hope many listen to these stories, and know at the very least what it takes to continue to enable the builders.

We hope they take a moment to comprehend the difference that todays' government policy makes to the next generation, and so I Thank you for sharing.

Happy New Year!

Comment

What is missing from the Sask Pulse Grower report is the Pulse Canada report.

Levy from SPG growers supports Pulse Canada. SPG invests money in Pulse Canada which in turn does a lot of leg work for pulse growers on many fronts, including transportation, and international representation, which is why their annual report should be part of the SPG meeting. I asked for while I was on the board but did not receive consensus of the board to have this, I still believe it is of interest and a form of accountability and source of information for producers as international events shape the world we export in.

Because Pulse Canada represents pulse grower on international issues and events, giving us a printed &/or presented account of the events of the year should be part of the provincial boards annual report at the member associations meetings. Indeed, his year we have had many events which impacted our trade, most years we see issues of interest to the provincial membership.

Pulse Canada reporting is missing from SPG annual reporting.

Comment

Klaus. I really appreciate your reply its not often anyone one Av realy bares the whole story, it is very refreshing to hear of your past, hope I didn't open any old wounds for you and your family. I feel some what like you as things have changed so much in the 50 odd yr I have been farming, mostly for the worst, sure the equipment has gotten a lot better but now you have to run like he'll to keep up why anyone thinks he needs 10,000 acres is a mystery to me anyway to each his own, thanks again for your condor.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...