• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a Carbon Tax work?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
    Sure, and no population growth or housing growth or any other growth that would use more carbon between 2008 and 2014 either right Hamloc. And if you forgot, we had a recession in 2009 that also impacted the oil industry. And are you actually claiming it is only the oil industry that contributes to CO2. So if the oil industry revenue was halved, why did BC economy keep growing? Talk about cherry picking data.
    I was simply demonstrating that not all aspects of BC's economy improved. I was also pointing out that a carbon tax hurts oil and gas production which will concern some others it will not. As for BC's economy I would say real estate appreciation has contributed a great deal to their economic growth. BC's carbon tax originally was revenue neutral. Personal and corporate taxes were reduced to compensate for revenue from the carbon tax. Now that the NDP are in power this is no longer the case. There are no revenue neutral carbon taxes in Canada now. Just a money grab. As for emissions, no I am not claiming that it is only the oil industry contributing to C02 emissions. In fact if you go on the one sight you will see that emissions from transportation rose through the whole time period and continue to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
      Just got my gas bill for nov for house heating natural gas carbon tax $2.22. I think even sask3 could afford that.
      Don't forget the carbon tax goes up to $30/ton next month. Eventually to $50. That makes your Nov amount $5.55. Maybe not much but that's only one month and only one of many instances where you have to pay extra for something you can not do without. All ads up and like others mentioned how has your consumption changed?

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
        Don't forget the carbon tax goes up to $30/ton next month. Eventually to $50. That makes your Nov amount $5.55. Maybe not much but that's only one month and only one of many instances where you have to pay extra for something you can not do without. All ads up and like others mentioned how has your consumption changed?

But isn't that nice? All adds up is right!

And the more people who pay that $5.55/month, the more trips climate barbie can take jetting around the world to exotic locations for "climate conferences!!!

See, your tax dollars at work!

Bwahahahaha!
        Last edited by burnt; Dec 15, 2017, 12:28.

Comment

In the case of B.C. it’s kind of a “do as I say not do as I do” or maybe a “ shoot shovel and shut up” situation.

https://dogwoodbc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Coal-BCs-Dirty-Secret-web.pdf

I have also read reports that Vancouver is adding capacity for loading coal on to ships to facilitate shipping American coal which is not allowed to be loaded on to ships leaving the U.S.
          Last edited by redleaf; Dec 15, 2017, 10:10.

Comment

How nice, screw with data, figures, only way to BAFFLE/SCARE the public into their agenda...
            ALL the facts are NOT what they seem!

For its emissions target, the BC government does not include the emissions from the burning of coal mined here. Mining, processing, transporting and burning BC coal produce a staggering amount of heat-trapping pollution. The total global pollution from BC coal in 2008—a total of 61.4 million tonnes
            —almost doubles BC’s reported contribution to global warming.

Comment

Hmmm , imagine that

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                How nice, screw with data, figures, only way to BAFFLE/SCARE the public into their agenda...

For its emissions target, the BC government does not include the emissions from the burning of coal mined here. Mining, processing, transporting and burning BC coal produce a staggering amount of heat-trapping pollution. The total global pollution from BC coal in 2008—a total of 61.4 million tonnes
                For perspective, all greenhouse gas emissions produced by SaskPower electrical generation equal 15 million tonnes annually.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post

Classic cherry picking by climate alarmists. 😂

So what was the point of this whole thread?

Comment

Just read on CBC news sight an announcement from Environment minister Catherine McKenna that provinces will now have until the end of 2018 to implement a new carbon tax. So according to all the climate alarmists the threat from global warming is imminent but all of a sudden there is no rush for the carbon tax. Just confirms for me that the implementation of the carbon tax is more about politics than it is about science!!!! Election 2019 the Lieberals are a little worried.

Comment

Say No to Trudeau is now starting to take effect 2019 is close for that putz to go.

Politics is a dirty sport

Comment

Don't forget that this carbon tax is revenue 'neutral' and nobody will get hurt. LOL

[URL="http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/aaron-wudrick/federal-carbon-tax_b_16788224.html"]http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/aaron-wudrick/federal-carbon-tax_b_16788224.html[/URL]

A CARBON TAX will NOT do what the primary reason for imposing it is, and that is -

STOP GLOBAL WARMING and/or CLIMATE CHANGE.

And to advertise it as doing that, is the classic definition of a FRAUD.

These govts should be (will be?) sued eventually for doing what they are doing.

Comment

Katie's latest claim. Climate change causes mental illness. Looks like she is starting to look for excuses.

Comment

Happened to open my gas bill today, I bet Horse is wrong on the carbon tax amount of his bill anyhow. My total bill is $107 of that $18.75 is carbon levy. That is $1.011/gj but is increasing to $1.52/gj in January. That will be approx 25% of my bill to carbon levy. Also says most Albertans receive a rebate. I for one can say I have not seen a carbon rebate!

Comment

My gas bill for November, I used just over 38 gigajoules so my carbon tax was $38.04, next year that will be $57.06. That is to heat 2 shops and 1 house. In asking does a carbon tax work. In my one shop is my one wells pressure tank. I keep the thermostat at bottom or 10 Celsius. I should put a new digital thermostat which I could set lower. Also my old 706 and feed wagon are kept in this shop. Other shop is the main shop, loader tractor and shredder tractor kept in here. All LED lighting R28 walls, R50 ceiling. Now the carbon tax is supposed to inspire to cut back. Imo the amount of heating I do now is necessary and therefore the carbon tax is nothing but a tax grab!!!!

Comment

BINGO HAM

We heat two homes on the Farm plus one Shop and a garage. If we had a Carbon Tax in Sask what would i do different.

Nothing the Homes have energy efficient windows doors and chop is heated that in mid summer its cold inside in july. We keep shop and garage at min because wear overhauls when working on stuff. Homes are kept comfortable level and have new thermostats that are digitally programmed.

So WTF would we be paying a carbon tax to change our way of doing things.

NOTHING.

Its Insane how some are so stupid about this.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...