• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Statistics Canada's Canola Estimate is Puzzling! Industry and Farmers?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Argue, nash your teeth and bitch and moan all you want about Stats Canada Numbers....the fact is, over the long term, they have been very close to reality. In any event the numbers are taken seriously by World customers for our grain and have a big part in forming their perspectives, which effects demand, purchasing decisions and eventually prices.

The real question is why do we spend so much time and money giving great market intelligence that help our customers make purchasing decisions that at times work against us the primary producer in the form of lower prices.

The Russians and South Americans (who are our greatest competitors) excercise a campaign of disinformation all the time to help their cause. Maybe if you get 40 canola you should report 30 the next time they call....haha just a suggestion.

Comment

Great....this should help the canola market...Not!!

https://www.newsmax.com/health/health-news/canola-oil-brain-health/2017/12/07/id/830490/

Comment

Originally posted by Crestliner View Post
        Great....this should help the canola market...Not!!

https://www.newsmax.com/health/health-news/canola-oil-brain-health/2017/12/07/id/830490/
        It was on sciencedaily.com as well. Certainly won't help the market.

Comment

Think aussie canola will come in better than first thought as well

Comment

Wonder who paid for this study?

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
              Wonder who paid for this study?
              wouldn't surprise me if it was funded by our check off dollars

Comment

They phoned 26,800 farmers for the survey, wonder what percentage give numbers. I’m in the
                none of your business category.

Comment

I screen alot of my calls.... if I get caught answering and find out it's them... I politely tell them I'm not interested and hang up before they have even a chance to tell me participation isn't voluntary.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...