• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sask Party hates farmers!! Raises land rents 45%

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LEP View Post
    It is probably more like he was at $40 and now they want $58.

Anyone I know that rents lands branch land has paid far below market rent forever. I think it is time they lose the subsidy.
    There was a guy here who rented government land cheap too....for years. They bought it in the first round of gov selling. Another family I know also bought sask crown land recently...discounted...it was either take it or it was going up for bids.

More budget "balancing" attempt?

Speaking Mandarin wasn't a prerequisite.
    Last edited by farmaholic; Dec 7, 2017, 22:57.

Comment

Sask. government rolls out red carpet for GTH investor who was wanted by China for fraud
      Brightenview founder Mike Niu lobbied provincial government for changes to its immigration program. As reported by CBC

Desperate times the GTH is broke the next budget won't be able to hide more further debt.

Farmers paying for the incompetence amongst other things.

No wonder everybody is crying. It's all unravelling.

Comment

The PCs did the same thing here, those with prime recreational lands along the eastern slopes with huge sonic value were allowed to ask to have it put up for sale, that is if you were the lease holder, and then you got last bid, and when those in the PC pool got what they wanted they changed the rules again.so don't tell me the NDs are any crookeder than the PCs of Alta.and that's why we have an ND gov now.

Comment

Horse explain those numbers 3.5 mill rent and 100 mill revenue. What is that revenue coming from? Oil revenue goes to the farmer there?
          3.5mill what kind land?
          Last edited by the big wheel; Dec 7, 2017, 23:52.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
            Horse explain those numbers 3.5 mill rent and 100 mill revenue. What is that revenue coming from? Oil revenue goes to the farmer there?
            3.5mill for how much land?
            There is 5700 grazing leases for 1,302,900 animal units on 5225,454 acres crown land, rates southern alta2.79/mo,central 2.32/mo northern 1.39/mo these are for 2000 rates.
            Cultivated rates$6/ cult acre+1.20 uncultivated, no charge if summerfallow + taxes I am not sure how many acres of cultivated land there is.
            At this time oil revenue for annual payments was app 46 mill but that don't count on entry fees, pipelines,sysmic,now I think there is a set fee of 1000 per yr to lease holders. The gov received 3.5 mill in fees and didn't even cover cost of paperwork let alone the land people that were suppose to be looking after crown lands.
            I know of 2 leases close to me that run 300+ cows for 5 mo and have more than enough oil revenue to pay all costs and money left over, but I bet there supplied the PC gov with contributions over the past 40 yr.

Comment

Yikes!!!! No wonder some are such narrow minded supporters.

Comment

......"money for nothin and calves for free".....that ain't no Dire Straits!

Comment

cant blame land owners for raising rental rates, lots of demand for land.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...