• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grant Devine

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iceman View Post
    Personally I'm waiting for the Bill Boyd tribute.

I can see it now SF3 and LEP unveiling the statue outside the gates of the Bill Boyd regional Landfill

Iceman Out
    and Bucket would have the honors of hanging up the "Bill Boyd By-Pass" signs around Regina.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
      and Bucket would have the honors of hanging up the "Bill Boyd By-Pass" signs around Regina.

Yep, every time I drive out to White City, i have to close all the vents cause the smell of burning money almost chokes me.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
        I hate ok maybe not hate bill Boyd ok i really never liked the guy. Enough said.

Grant on the other hand was one heck of a nice guy who actually had a vision for sask. To bad he couldn't see the shit for brains couple of cabinet ministers he had under him.

Lake Devine would of been a better name.

Roy got a lab named after him and i also agree with that.

Thatcher got the campus at moose jaw and that is fitting.

So in the end they did a great job but Lake Devine would of been so much better.

Have a great day.

Boyd i would call the old landfill North of regina after him. Boyd Hill.
        Lets not forget that Old Roy did a health care study for the tune of about $12,000,000 , and for some strange reason , nothing much changed!

Comment

I guess it bought him a name on a lab.

Comment

Leave old Roy alone guys.

Comment

Good that there will be a lake named in honor of Grant Devine. He definitely had a vision for our province and which moved us forward. I personally met Grant at the U of S in my first year,at the College of Ag. He was my student councillor. He was a was into politics at this time which was the fall of “77”. He was helpful if you had any questions. He was a smart man and a very good speaker.

Comment

Roy should have had a lavatory named for him, rather than a laboratory. His outright hatred for rural Saskatchewan was undisguisable.

If Devine would not have built those three capital infrastructure projects in SESK, we would never have had enough electricity, to power the most recent growth boom in this province. The debt actually bought us something intrinsic and lasting. Thanks Grant

Comment

All of which highlights the difference between asset debt that Devine left behind to expense debt that Wall left.

Everything Devine built was an asset that was needed to grow a province....

Rumour has it Devine was very point blank with farmer language when speaking to the federal government in those days. ...

Wall legacy....

A stadium for the riders is expense... they will spend millions to fix the snow problem it has....or they may not host a grey up....

And bypasses to no where....or where cloverleafs would have been adequate....
                  Last edited by bucket; Nov 25, 2017, 09:26.

Comment

New commish said yesterday, they want to move the season up a month and have Grey Cup games in Oct. So no worries about the snow, bucket. They could have knocked the hanging snow off with some cannons ! The province shouldn't have been so cheap, and put the roof on right away !

Why dis the stadium, it's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by danny W1M View Post
                      New commish said yesterday, they want to move the season up a month and have Grey Cup games in Oct. So no worries about the snow, bucket. They could have knocked the hanging snow off with some cannons ! The province shouldn't have been so cheap, and put the roof on right away !

Why dis the stadium, it's awesome.
                      It was early November that happened and we have had tree breaking snows in October. ....

One wet snow and my guess the toilet seat fails...

Because the rider organization should hold the debt not the province....

Over a million people in this province will never step foot in it....and in 30 years it won't be good enough....
                      Last edited by bucket; Nov 25, 2017, 10:53.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                        It was early November that happened and we have had tree breaking snows in October. ....

One wet snow and my guess the toilet seat fails...

Because the rider organization should hold the debt not the province....

Over a million people in this province will never step foot in it....and in 30 years it won't be good enough....
                        You might want to double check but I believe the city is on the hook for all maintenance costs.
                        I thought city was on hook for debt too but maybe wrong?

I believe the reason for no roof is the heating & cooling costs. One spec for PCL was to build it so a roof could be added to it if wanted at a later date.

Comment

The province gave the facility 80 million plus a 200 million loan. ...

The riders were also given the naming rights as their contribution. ..so the riders put SFA into it....

Comment

Originally posted by danny W1M View Post

If Devine would not have built those three capital infrastructure projects in SESK, we would never have had enough electricity, to power the most recent growth boom in this province. The debt actually bought us something intrinsic and lasting. Thanks Grant
                            Are you sure you know what you're talking about.. Perhaps Shand has but one 300Mw generating unit being fed water from Rafferty Dam. All of Boundary Dam is on Long Creek that is "upstream" though I guess somewhat connected to Rafferty by a "Diversion Canal".

Now that channel is something that could be renamed after an appropriate person.

Anyway; all coal units at Estevan may have finite lives....probably never will be replaced by other coal units...and are in declining productive value seeing as how carbon capture ends up with diminished net output due to parasitic losses of the carbon capture itself.

Comment

nipawin dam was constructed in the middle of devines time . sure was some much needed jobs here and left us with a nice lake and power to boot . I'm sure there are lots more during his time .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...