• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hypocrites on this site

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
    First off certainly not on any board. Simplistic view of sink or swim? Let me turn it around then big wheel. What government program that exists today couldn't you live without? Personally I am undoubtably a fan of government crop research. I have to admit I would hate to see that disappear. I think it is prudent to study what crop varieties work for our climate. I am not in agristability, waste of money as far as I am concerned. With both cattle and grain my margins don't generally fluctuate enough to make it worthwhile. Agri-invest, I participate could I live without it, certainly. Marked fuel rebate, if the government would turf the carbon tax I would gladly give up the marked fuel rebate. As for subsidization of crop insurance, I take out crop insurance, if the subsidy ended it wouldn't rock my world, I would have to re-evaluate my participation. I certainly realize most countries in the world subsidize food production and perhaps we need that to compete. As I said Trudeau and Notley will make our job much less profitable but I still agree with Alberta5's outlook. I also appreciate the fact that European countries as an example are far more willing to support their farmers than Canadians but look at the federal government they can't even figure out how to properly pay their employees, what real salvation can you expect from such a group of incompetents. Do you really want them more involved in your farm?

Very well said. +100.

Comment

Lep we need more Gov for wheat research. Handing that over to the private created what we have now. USA varieties that can yield but have shit bread making characteristics.

AG invest works if you use it like a worker in the city.

Crop insurance subsidy just makes me laugh and laugh and laugh. IT was and is created to bring in dollars big dollars to the provincial coffers. Its a insurance dont ever think a insurance is a subsidy it was created for one purpose to bring in money to the provincial gov.

Gars and all the others aren't their for the goodness of farmers its a insurance.

We screwed up lots of things with ag and gave up lots and now the rest of the world that didn't follow our ways is catching up and actually beating us at our own game.

How many seed royalties do you think the farmers in Argentina or Brazil or Russia give to Bayer and Monsanto.

China builds them roads and railways to get product out we stop all progress because were so smart in Canada.

Were failing and some can see its crashing but others think its full steam ahead.

The iceberg is just ahead and most is below surface like the one the titanic hit.

Were been handed our own end by countries that don't follow our bullshit every one else makes money except the farmer rules.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
        The whole point on Bio Fuel with Gov help is they are bringing in a Carbon tax that is just a Tax it will do shit all F#$K All and nothing at All to help save the planet.
        It is a bullshit scheme dreamt up by a Fairy dust princess that we have running this country and his henchmen.

So why not actually get funding from that useless program and go balls to the wall with Ethanal and Bio Diesel and build this country.

Offer Grants or Loans for start ups hell we can all produce Bio Diesel on our own farm.

But as it sits now the Carbon tax will just fill a few with Solar and really not accomplish anything but make our costs higher.

Your from alberta you should realize your not a booming province like you once were and Nut case has only been going for a few years. If we give Trudeau another term. Venezuela of the north here we come.
        We are on the same page here. Get government out of our lives, no carbon tax making us uncompetitive, no government investment in ANY business, be it solar, or farms, or building airplanes.
        Don't take the capital away from us in the first place, then they won't have to give it back to us so we can invest it in viable projects, such as biofuels. Leave it with those who are best able to invest it.
        Nut case's time is almost up, there isn't a snowballs chance in **** that they will survive to do any more harm, Trudeau, unfortunately, will probably be given a mandate to keep on destroying our economic competitiveness.

Comment

Originally posted by danny W1M View Post
          The United Nations, wouldn't be happy with Trudeau if he were to promote/legislate the use of biofuels in Canada, from grains stocks.

That would go completely against the "cheap food agenda" that the United Nations currently has in place.

Wouldn't be viewed favorably for Canada seeking a security council seat.

Besides, that would put power back in the hands of the west and corn farmers in central Canada.
          The UN angle seems to be the only logical way to explain the illogical things that our current administration are doing to destroy our economy.

Comment

From what I understand about the biofuels is the price of oil is too low currently. When oil was over $100 they said they still needed a large percentage heated/off grade to make bodiesel at even a breakeven now oil is half that price.

Agree that government could mandate a higher percentage biofuels content like the US has and could financially support that industry more as they are other green initiatives.

Comment

The Liberals and boy wonder have a very famous quote,

“ And don’t worry, it will just look after it’s self”

OMG

Comment

One single point to look at . Bio diesel is still only at 2% . With the push to save the earth, why are bio fuels of zero interest to this liberal government? Harper never really pushed either , but he had oil industry interests .
                If the Canadian government was truly going to follow the Paris accord , why not simply bump bio diesel to 10% and by 2020 go to 20% ? Would that be a huge reduction in CO2 ??? What am I missing?

If the government simply did that , the bio fuels would not need any federal money , investment would be there without any other government intervention or subsidies . They simply need to mandate bio diesel usage up and the industry would respond , no ??
                liberals are going to save the earth and have no problem adopting the carbon tax schemes that most likely will not change carbon emissions at all .

Comment

The canola council and industry lead have been lobbying Mekenna as recently as Sept 22 ,2017 . It seems the Liberals are completely ignoring this .

Comment

Nah guys don't want our canola used up for bio fuel furrow. That would screw up all the over production and low sales price complaints. There's no sense in trying to take advantage of green bio fuel initiative. Just think if we started making real money what land prices would do. We can't take that chance. Grass farmer might have it right. He wants it to be like Europe here, like where he came from. Everyone farms 40 acres. It will be just like he never left. Come to think of it why did he leave? Seems like nothing but complaints from him about it here.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                      One single point to look at . Bio diesel is still only at 2% . With the push to save the earth, why are bio fuels of zero interest to this liberal government? Harper never really pushed either , but he had oil industry interests .
                      If the Canadian government was truly going to follow the Paris accord , why not simply bump bio diesel to 10% and by 2020 go to 20% ? Would that be a huge reduction in CO2 ??? What am I missing?

If the government simply did that , the bio fuels would not need any federal money , investment would be there without any other government intervention or subsidies . They simply need to mandate bio diesel usage up and the industry would respond , no ??
                      liberals are going to save the earth and have no problem adopting the carbon tax schemes that most likely will not change carbon emissions at all .
                      the missing part is that bio fuels would help the west , a lot, this is not on the agenda . unlike the carbon tax which will hurt the west , a lot . remember what trudeaus real agenda is .

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                        From what I understand about the biofuels is the price of oil is too low currently. When oil was over $100 they said they still needed a large percentage heated/off grade to make bodiesel at even a breakeven now oil is half that price.

Agree that government could mandate a higher percentage biofuels content like the US has and could financially support that industry more as they are other green initiatives.
                        that same logic doesn't apply to windmills or solar panels though, they sure don't pay their own way without subsidies

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post

The canola council and industry lead have been lobbying Mekenna as recently as Sept 22 ,2017 . It seems the Liberals are completely ignoring this .
                          funny that none of the sheep bring it up though ? shows the power of msn

Comment

Farmers supporting biofuels, and justifying it by using reduced carbon emissions, is hypocrisy at its best. How much energy have we spent attempting to educate the data deniers on this site about the absurdity of Demonizing a life-giving gas, To solve a make-believe problem, Which if it were True would be a huge benefit to farmers. Yet now if we can see in economic benefit to farmers, we're all the sudden going to support this scam. Chuck would be proud of us. Can't have it both ways.

Comment

Screw needing the government. Every farmer puts in 10 bucks an acre. Voila build a huge biodiesel plant. Sell it to ourselves at double the price of petro diesel. The demand we create with the canola going there would easily put more money in our pockets. We could support ourselves... but it can’t happen..... can’t even get two neighbors together to share equipment....

Comment

If the target is to reduce carbon emissions , come hell or high water , bio fuels would be far more effective than carbon tax which will do nothing.
                                AF5 , the wheels are set in motion , nothing we can about it but not get squashed out of existence by more tax’s .
                                That’s why I brought up the bio diesel again . 10x more effective and immediate than putting a tax on carbon . Maybe it’s all wish full thinking but as farmers the current stays quo of the Liberals could be devastating.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...