• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This peas and lentil thing is upsetting. WTF will farmers grow in 2018. Canola at $8

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just calling out bullshit when I see it.

Comment

Don’t bother explaining anything to the parasite he knows all about ag in canada. Yea I remember years where we didn’t have any leaves till end of June. But what do we know our grandfathers fathers only broke this shit to farm back a 100 plus years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
        Just calling out bullshit when I see it.
        we seeded until June 22 , if it matters , tho . some seeded until July 2nd this year
        you are still pissed because tge stock market didn't crash as you and others predicted when trump got in , lol

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
          With the big famines happening why can't our government for one thing buy all our peas and forward it to those areas? We re instead sending money which at times goes for weapons is stolen by middle men etc and when the money does go through they are buying food from other countries anyway. And yes there is the process to do this.
          Why not?
          I have been saying this long before you were on this forum!!!!!! It's the absolute truth buy our grain to give away but no we are expected to give our grain away plus the government gives these countries cash that never helps.

Comment

I see many pointing the finger at grain buyers, commodity groups, and our own govt for the low prices today. It is a natural attitude for many not to look beyond the pit at the local elevator and blame those that they know for poor prices. Have a look at the situation in one of our market destinations.
            https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-22/india-farmers-protest-may-bring-challenges-to-modi-before-polls

Comment

James why do you think he did the 50% tariff.

But Canadians will do nothing

Comment

But - but, what about our cheap food policy? The last ten years are not indicative of agricultural retourns for thirty years. This is the norm, those who have been involved since the seventies can remember.

Comment

Does the pulse tariff not end up becoming really bearish durum values? Broad comment but in general both are grown in the same area. I'm sure there are regional abnormalities and variances from that, but in general I think that is a fair statement. So the longer this drags on and stocks have to stay on farm, something else has to get sold. Everything I have read on durum from quality and supply is that there is lots of both. So if there is no concern on supply, or quality, and converting grain to cash needs to be done, durum becomes a sale, does it not? I have no attachment to it as we cant grow either pulses or durum in Manitoba, just merely offering my opinion.

Comment

Same shit show happened in the 70s and 80s and games were played all talk about not selling works till Calgary makes a phone call to your local bank manager and your told sell your lentils etc. Welcome to the last 100 years of farming

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                      Same shit show happened in the 70s and 80s and games were played all talk about not selling works till Calgary makes a phone call to your local bank manager and your told sell your lentils etc. Welcome to the last 100 years of farming
                      I agree. When that happens you want to be the first to sell not the last.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                        Time stamp it!!!!!!!!!!

Iceman out

Comment

For some reason can't add articles to this site. Not sure why. But type in
                          India hunger
                          Pakistan hunger.
                          Afghanistan hunger

Take a look at the population and figure out how much food is required and is short. It's worse this year than last year.

Who over sees that the tariffs applied to our product sold is actually being applied?

Comment

The fear of civil unrest by the population in India and other countries is real. Food riots have happened before. Right or wrong these countries will react to internal politics. I have read about riots in India in the past over onion prices. In our western thinking this is hard to fathom, but in places where most of their income goes to food purchases, prices can reach a tipping point where something has to give. I believe the Indian govt has done a poor job in trying to manipulate prices but it is obvious they are in this game for the long haul.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...