• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trudeau Sabotages TP. You mean i had a meeting? look at my socks isn't working!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danny W1M View Post
    horsey, " But like a tropical liberal "

Are you referring to the Liberals that hide their money in the tropics, places like Grand Cayman?
    Or are you suggesting Liberals are like tropical vermin, say octopuses, once they get their suction cups on you they won't let go and suck you dry, just like Liberal party tax policy? Of course they won't suck other octopus,,, Liberals that is.
    Good one danny!

Comment

Supposedly we got a much better deal by not signing on that day. But what are the details?
      Those people in that part of the world get insulted by different things. Maybe saying the schedule was mixed up was better than saying fk you we re not signing.

Probably better to wait and see the exact details of this compared to the old agreement.
      Or do all of you whining Including me know what they are?

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
        Supposedly we got a much better deal by not signing on that day. But what are the details?
        Those people in that part of the world get insulted by different things. Maybe saying the schedule was mixed up was better than saying fk you we re not signing.

Probably better to wait and see the exact details of this compared to the old agreement.

Was that Canada's diplomatic way of saying "**** you"? Tactics like that can backfire.

Comment

I really don't know you may be right.

But I do know I jumped the gun here a bit I don't even know what the ag deals of the old agreement were never mind these ones. Probably should wait and see instead of jumping in the withiut fact political spin thing.

Us farmers did that with the tax changes and as it turns out really they are as I predicted very little for farmers so far.
          Aside from the stupid beyond dumb carbon taxes both federally and provincially.

Comment

sf3 not sure what went on , but why are you jumping all over this ?
            they seem to have a deal.

BS or not , the cdn . negotiators , wanted to stall to see if nafta could be signed first .
            But trudeau supposedly , saved the day and signed a deal in spite of that.

he should be your hero now.
            imagine that

so what aspect of the TPP , did you think was so crucial.?
            I am not sure exactly what is in it anyway.
            good bad or indifferent .

do you or any of the other trade experts on here , have a rundown of what is actually in it ?

Comment

I think what we ve seen here is that as much as they appear to be fumbling and bumbling their way through changes they do listen to those that lobby hard.

Where is our farm voice in this deal? Where is our farm voice in the problems with the screw job we re getting by the middlemen on peas lentils and canaryseed? Sometimes better to deal with a bafooon that listens than a smart ass smart one that doesn't.

Comment

Farm voice is badly divided with supply management and old wheat board supporters not on side for new trade deal.

Comment

The text of the deal was never changed so all he accomplished was pi$$ing off 10 countries leaders.
                  Trudeau went and met with a Facebook executive instead of attending TPP meeting. I guess his selfies are a higher priority than an 11 country trade deal.

Comment

Agree big wheel. I want to see the TPP go through as much as anyone on here but I do not want a bad deal signed simply to get it signed. We all remember the transportation fiasco in 2013 when the end of the CWB was rushed without any plan. And even today we still do not get international sales information critical for market freedom to work.

I too was angry at Trudeau for not showing up, but instead of immediately whining about it I took the time to try to get both sides of the story. Even now not all the details are out. But there are a few that changes the story that Sask is trying to paint. For example, Trudeau met for 50 minutes with chairman Abe of Japan for 50 minutes right before the leaders scheduled meeting and in fact that meeting extended into the scheduled start time of the meeting. Abe left Trudeau and went and cancelled the meeting. We do not know then if Trudeau told Abe he would not attend, or if Abe told Trudeau there was no use in attending the meeting because he was going to cancel it.

The prime minister of New Zealand has publically stated that Trudeau was not the reason the meeting was cancelled and that a number of countries had concerns and wanted changes made.

Finally, to say there was no changes to the TPP is BS. Afterall, this is the first leaders meeting since the US backed out and to think there would be no changes in the deal with the biggest trade partner withdrawing is naïve.

We need to see the details before we know for sure if Trudeau was right or wrong in walking out.
                    Last edited by dmlfarmer; Nov 12, 2017, 10:07.

Comment

I sure can not imagine farmer interests, being no.1 or even on the list .

Bayer ,GM Agrium etc. I am sure have a say.
                      maybe we are not getting any access for our products.
                      just some awful pricy drugs in our old age .

Comment

Blah blah blah

We have a idiot running the show who doesn’t get it some of you can sugar coat him all you want but the fact is simple he has no clue.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                          Blah blah blah

We have a idiot running the show who doesn’t get it some of you can sugar coat him all you want but the fact is simple he has no clue.
                          Idiot might be a bit strong. I'm willing to cut him a little slack -

Click image for larger version

Name:	Trudeau's Shoes.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	766073

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...