• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would we be without fossil fuels....Back in stone ages???

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cc.

It's mainly tire blow outs on pit run RM roads. Are you volunteering to drive by a walker? It's only $4.50 one way!

Mentioned before that I don't vote, therefore can't be political. Too old to learn much from a person that doesn't negotiate, and therefore certainly couldn't arrive at a fair outcome for both parties.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
      Well, fairly important to those who live in those colder latitudes, anyway.

Not so important to the authors of U.N. Agenda 21/30 as they basked in the warmth of their conference center in Rio DeJaneiro where the average annual temperature is about 24C and varies little from there.

And all the crap that chucky guesses is truthful comes from those imperialistic hogs who spawned that nihilistic propaganda.

And they have fooled millions. The bigger the lie, the easier to sell.
      Burnt you are the holder of the real truth. You must lead the peasant revolt against the imperialist pigs. Your the man!!! LOL too effing funny.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
        Burnt you are the holder of the real truth. You must lead the peasant revolt against the imperialist pigs. Your the man!!! LOL too effing funny.
        Aw shucks, gee thanks chucky!

That is just so meaningful coming from you, you being such an intellectual and all!

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
          The population of Canada would decrease quickly without reliable fossil fuel and reliable energy sources. Populations would move closer to the equator.

Staying warm at -40C is fairly important.
          Wasn't there a group of individuals living here just fine through the winters before they became "civilized" without fossil fuels?

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
            Wasn't there a group of individuals living here just fine through the winters before they became "civilized" without fossil fuels?
            Oh right! Start building the teepees, er wide base chimney, but where is all the buffalo shit to burn?

Comment

Why don’t you enlighten us how they kept themselves warm and how that would work with everyone in the world today.

Comment

Makes you wonder what things would look like if as much $ was spent on advancement of ethanol and bio diesel after invention of internal combustion engine or even steam power instead of on fossil fuels.

Comment

We went from the age of necessity to the age of convenience! I do like convenience over gathering cow patties or peat. But I don't really endorse coal generation. I would much rather have a nuc in my backyard. But a lot of people are afraid of the bogey man, lol.

Comment

Living the ****ing dream in candlelight tonight.

Comment

The industrial revolution was facilitated by fossil fuels (I hate that term). You can thank them for the standard of living you're enjoying today. But at the same time there is nothing wrong with looking for alternatives to supplement what we have or maybe replace it when the technology of the replacements becomes reliable and affordable. Until then, its what we have and don't penalize me for needing it to live, run my business and maintain the lifestyle it has provided for me.

I don't understand the constant debate.

There is a public information meeting in the R.M. beside ours about the proposed development of a Wind Power Project. This is a result of SaskPower's Wind Power Procurement process. There was a proposal put forth for one in the R.M. north of ours but it received alot of push back by the people where it was to be located and I believe it died.

WestSource Energy and Kruger Energy are being represented and in attendance to answer questions.

Comment

How many of us could farm without electricity? My guess is not many. Just about all the conviences we are bestowed have increased our standard of living and made us more efficient. Grandma and Grandpa spent more of there time trying to stay alive and do the day to day things just to live. Now our expectations are so much higher we have the ability to do more for ourselves as well as others. Most others wouldn't have a clue what that means but they definitely have the power to determine our efficiency depending who they believe.

Comment

I think the question is can you consider yourself green if you don't blindly support a carbon tax, solar panels in cold climate, no meat diets, yada, yada, yada....

Bring on more hydro! I want to be like Norway with that one.

Any of us that are direct seeding or pasturing cattle have nothing to apologize for.

Contrary to popular opinion many rural folks have never used air travel.

If airlines were a country the would be the 8th largest carbon producer.

Go preach to the weekly/daily flyers.

Comment

Shterbrains

"Contrary to popular opinion many rural folks have never used air travel.

Go preach to the weekly/daily flyers."

Not sure how you can make such a statement, do you really think their is difference in air travel between rural and urban people?

Have you not read posts on here from SASK3 during the winter months. He does his weekly cocktail from Hawaii or somewhere else warm week after week. Not to mention other posters mentioning their travels and all the those snowbirds going south pulling 5th wheels.

How do you think they get to their destinations, by horses and canoes?

Comment

How many descendants from this group of individuals have decided to stop using "dirty" fossil fuels and go back to traditional ways with no fossil fuels?
                              If zero, why do you think that is?

Also, how many environmentalists or anti-pipeline lobbyists are using no fossil fuels?
                              If there isn't any why do you think that is?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...