• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will you turn off Fox News?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will you turn off Fox News?

That was outrage and condemnation of Hollywood and the left over Harvey Weinstein on this site last week. I wonder what your feeling is now of Fox News seeing it has just been revealed by the New York Times that last January Bill O'Reilly paid a record setting settlement of $32 million to his most recent accuser of sexual harassment and that he had previously paid off 5 other victims. Oh, and following this settlement Fox News, rather than immediately firing O'Reilly as happened to Weinstein, actually gave O'Reilly a 4 year contract extension with an estimated $7 million dollar a year raise. It was not until 2 months later when ad revenues started to drop that O'Reilly was fired. And Fox paid him $25 million in separation upon firing. Quite a story [URL="https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/21/business/media/bill-oreilly-sexual-harassment.html?emc=edit_th_20171022&nl=todayshead lines&nlid=50975083"]https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/21/business/media/bill-oreilly-sexual-harassment.html?emc=edit_th_20171022&nl=todayshead lines&nlid=50975083[/URL]

Bad day for Fox News as they also plan to retract a story today which ran 2 weeks ago about a guy claiming to be a decorated Navy Seal which turned out to be fiction. Sad part is actual Navy Seals immediately told them the guy was a phoney but they waited 10 days before admitting their error and have now waited another 3 days before issuing a public retraction today.

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
    That was outrage and condemnation of Hollywood and the left over Harvey Weinstein on this site last week. I wonder what your feeling is now of Fox News seeing it has just been revealed by the New York Times that last January Bill O'Reilly paid a record setting settlement of $32 million to his most recent accuser of sexual harassment and that he had previously paid off 5 other victims. Oh, and following this settlement Fox News, rather than immediately firing O'Reilly as happened to Weinstein, actually gave O'Reilly a 4 year contract extension with an estimated $7 million dollar a year raise. It was not until 2 months later when ad revenues started to drop that O'Reilly was fired. And Fox paid him $25 million in separation upon firing. Quite a story [URL="https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/21/business/media/bill-oreilly-sexual-harassment.html?emc=edit_th_20171022&nl=todayshead lines&nlid=50975083"]https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/21/business/media/bill-oreilly-sexual-harassment.html?emc=edit_th_20171022&nl=todayshead lines&nlid=50975083[/URL]

Bad day for Fox News as they also plan to retract a story today which ran 2 weeks ago about a guy claiming to be a decorated Navy Seal which turned out to be fiction. Sad part is actual Navy Seals immediately told them the guy was a phoney but they waited 10 days before admitting their error and have now waited another 3 days before issuing a public retraction today.
    Fox is as trashy as the rest. Don't watch any of them. Yuk.

Comment

Turned Fox News off a long time ago. Sometimes watch Chris Wallace to get his point of view. I also don't watch MSNBC. They're just as far to the left as Fox is to the right. Nonsense from both of them.

Comment

CNN is credible?
        Jake tapper.....former employee in democratic gov is as bad as it gets. They have more racists on that network than anywhere else but because they are not white they can never be called out on it. Remember the only racists are white and for the most part male.

Comment

Yes unfortunately USA show business and news channels have a lot of bad characters not to mention CNN was busted rigging the presidential debates for Hillary.
          All of these trashy characters should be thrown in jail forever or given the death penalty (In the case of the Hollywood serial ****rs).

A more relevant question to ask Canadians regarding a channel that is actually on our cable package is do you watch the CBC News?
          Giam Gomeshi lived comfortably in the CBC culture of beating and abusing women.....and nobody at the CBC did anything about it until the police stepped in.

Comment

DML, stop watching msm. It's affecting your brain lol. Your assumption is dead wrong that any of us care about Fox News.
            Yes O Reilly should have been canned , no different if he was left , right , Center , white , black , pink , purple or whatever.
            Wong is wrong , and I doubt anyone here cares about watching Fox News regardless.
            Hollywood and main stream news in the U.S. is all a circus ment to entertain, well ... people that get hypnotized by watching it lol.

Comment

Some folks still watch the news?

Comment

As was exposed in the gomeshi trial their are people with questionable motives dictating their actions male or female. Neither should be exempt from scrutiny of the law.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                  I can honestly say....i used to watch the Canadian news regularly but since the night of the trudeau election victory I haven't tuned in to any at all. I follow u.s. politics instead.

Comment

TV news

I have tried fro m time to time to watch any of it. Then I remember Harvey Kirk and turn it off.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                      Does paw patrol and toy story count.

Comment

fox news is more entertainment than news. only very old people watch that network, all their advertising is aimed at the nearly dead crowd.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...