• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finance minister Bill Morneau and Trudeau's lack of ethics

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finance minister Bill Morneau and Trudeau's lack of ethics

While most on here would admire Bill Morneau for his business acumen. I mean direct from Bay street, a banker, unethical, and a multi millionaire. This sounds like a Harper/Muroney conservative. Is this the kind of government and finance minister Canada wants?

Finance Minister Bill Morneau has been getting at least $65K a month from firm he regulates

https://globalnews.ca/news/3813503/finance-minister-bill-morneau-millions-dividends/?utm_source=Article&utm_medium=EditorsPick&utm_cam paign=2015

I am not much of a politico, so could you please remind me which conservative finance minister used loopholes to hide that they still owned shares in their company. And also which one lied to that company claiming they had their interests in a blind trust, but actually had ways to be involved?
    TIA.

Comment

Blind trusts are probably just an illusionary tactic to make it look like you've handed control over to someone else. Ya right, absolutely no contact with the trustee under any circumstances? You don't even need "control" of your assets to make decisions that might indirectly affect them!

Blind trusts...useless for all intents and purposes?

Comment

Originally posted by saskshafe View Post
        I am not much of a politico, so could you please remind me which conservative finance minister used loopholes to hide that they still owned shares in their company. And also which one lied to that company claiming they had their interests in a blind trust, but actually had ways to be involved?
        TIA.
        I think he's right about Mulroney (who wasn't finance minister) but not sure what Harper did to deserve that label.

By the record, I would say Harper was the cleanest of any recent leader.

For the record, I miss Stephen Harper. He was, beyond any doubt, the most effective Prime Minister we have had in decades. Yet because of his apparently unwarm personality, Canadians blew him off for the trash that comprises government now.

And oh the irony in the headline of this piece. LOL!!

[URL="http://nationalpost.com/news/politics/how-bill-morneau-went-from-political-star-to-liberal-liability-because-of-loopholes"]http://nationalpost.com/news/politics/how-bill-morneau-went-from-political-star-to-liberal-liability-because-of-loopholes[/URL]

Canadians everywhere owe Pierre Poilievre an immeasurable debt of gratitude. Not only for exposing the utter and disgusting hypocrisy of the Liberal Morneau (surprise) but for hopefully putting other politicians on notice that if they wanna run in the public scrutiny, they better keep their nose clean.
        Last edited by burnt; Oct 22, 2017, 11:01.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...