• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glyphosate and feed

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
    What about hereditary traits to glphos intolerance?
    Just like diabetes or maybe celiac and gluten intolerance?
    Was this herd genetically related?

Maybe some people, animals are intolerant and need thier genes altered to make them RR.
    LOL, RR livestock.

Comment

Its all a sell the swather play.

Most got rid of the swather so they could strait cut every thing now monsanto is bought by Bayer and Bayer got rid of Liberty watch it will be either a new chemical for desiccation thats 26.95 a acre and is safe or buy the swather again and go knock down all your HRS and Barley and Oats just so you don't have to pay the Piper again.

Ah the games we farmers have to deal with.

Lots are getting sick of the games, the number drinking the coolaid is getting less and less and less.

Comment

When I first read the article and the vet was talking about the glyphosate level being 448 parts per billion, I thought wow that level seem high. So I started searching to see what level of mrl's are allowable for glyphosate. Then it clicked in, mrl's are given in parts per million! So actually the level in this corn is .448 parts per million. The fact that this vet gave it in parts per billion shows that he has an agenda and is trying to exaggerate the level of glyphosate in the feed. Talked to one guy who had grown corn for winter grazing last year and with the wet year it had white mood in it so he had to carefully restrict access and feed other forage to dilute it. Maybe this vet is overlooking a mycotoxin issue so he can blame glyphosate. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
          When I first read the article and the vet was talking about the glyphosate level being 448 parts per billion, I thought wow that level seem high. So I started searching to see what level of mrl's are allowable for glyphosate. Then it clicked in, mrl's are given in parts per million! So actually the level in this corn is .448 parts per million. The fact that this vet gave it in parts per billion shows that he has an agenda and is trying to exaggerate the level of glyphosate in the feed. Talked to one guy who had grown corn for winter grazing last year and with the wet year it had white mood in it so he had to carefully restrict access and feed other forage to dilute it. Maybe this vet is overlooking a mycotoxin issue so he can blame glyphosate. Just a thought.

I have been told that when testing is done and residues are found in such minute amounts, even if the grain was grown in a completely closed environment a little bit shows up in the test. It may even be due to the fact that there is a wee bit of false-positive. Bad enough in parts per million, but imagine parts per billion. Just saying there is a limit to how accurate you can be with data.

Don't get me wrong - rounding up mere days prior to combining is not my cup of tea either. It only stands to reason that increased residues can be expected in the grain sample (that is ground into flour). Who wants to eat chemical? If you want to eat chemical - go for it! You may drink a litre a day and you will be proof - positive. 👍

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
            Its all a sell the swather play.

Most got rid of the swather so they could strait cut every thing now monsanto is bought by Bayer and Bayer got rid of Liberty watch it will be either a new chemical for desiccation thats 26.95 a acre and is safe or buy the swather again and go knock down all your HRS and Barley and Oats just so you don't have to pay the Piper again.

Ah the games we farmers have to deal with.

Lots are getting sick of the games, the number drinking the coolaid is getting less and less and less.
            Are you drunk?

Comment

The industry standard for human-consumption lentils in Europe is 4 parts per million, but Italy is special, there's is restricted to one part per million. Peas are ten parts per million which makes you wonder. So Hamloc, you see these samples at .448 parts are well below European standards. Correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                The industry standard for human-consumption lentils in Europe is 4 parts per million, but Italy is special, there's is restricted to one part per million. Peas are ten parts per million which makes you wonder. So Hamloc, you see these samples at .448 parts are well below European standards. Correct me if I am wrong.
                Yes that was my conclusion as well. I looked at WHO mrl's and I believe peas were 5 parts or million which would be 5000 parts per billion or 11 times the level on the corn that was tested in the article.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...