• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

23800 might be in play before a pullback
    The USDX I'm not so sure. Rangebound? I wouldn't be surprised to see it match the Sept 8 low

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
      I am convinced that some of the land bought up for speculation was paid for with spare cash.
      One farm of 8 quarters bought 4 or 5 years ago for 1.4+M apparently grew weeds this year.(Didn't see it for myself)
      Another of 10 quarters is back on the market after less than 2 years of ownership. Marked up 20%. Don't think there will be a price cut any time soon.
      Don't think a correction will change these speculator's objective. A crash might.
      Marked up.20%?.....anyone biting?

Comment

I hear there have been inquiries but that's all

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
          And the question I keep asking myself is why would central banks want to allow cheap credit to dry up, in whose interest would that be? As long as they can maintain any control, they will try to keep the party going, as has been proven time after time, no one wants to allow the next natural reset like they did in the 30's. My other question is what would cause them to lose control?
          There is no putting the cat back in the bag. All they can do is kick the can further down the road. History teaches us that at some point the fiat currency experiment ends badly. When that happens all bets are off. The catalyst that sets it off who knows. Seems the super computers and algorithms are doing a great job of throttling markets. Property prices are more difficult to keep a lid on.

How does one protect ones self? In all honesty I think a modest country life with a wide set of practical skills. May prove the most valuable.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
            Just be careful who to get advice from.
            The day after the US election last year a lot of experts were calling for a crash.....it was between 18,000 and 19,000 than.

I think that land is likely as good of an investment as anything.
            Land is a high -maintenance investment. It took 27 years for the section of land we bought in 1980 to regain its value. The whole time we owned it, it wasn't worth 50 cents on the dollar and our cheap land subsidized it for most of those 27 years. As for finding good renters, all renters are not created equal. I know a guy who rents out quite a bit of land - you should ask him how many years he got figus mockum and see who is working fields and sloughs this fall because renter left a mess. Not the baggage some want to carry but who knows for sure, maybe some do.

A lot of guys suffered through the eighties, survived the nineties while fighting the wheat board tag-team, then waded through the early 2000's seeding every year with no chance of profit. Farming was not always like the last seven years or eight years. Just saying!

Comment

If ag is headed for the shitter again like the early 2000s... There will be a blood bath. I don't think in the 80s or 2000s there was this much outside capital in ag was there?

Id like to think we would see a collapse in land prices but we may see hyperinflation first if the central banks loose control of this snowball that's rolling down a mountain.

Comment

The economic hopes of all 7 billion people on the planet rest on one thing: the US economy. Apart from that there is nothing else. Watching the Canuckistanian economy wither like a weed hit with roundup right now. Real growth is found no where else so its pile on time. Usually this ends badly though but it has defied prediction so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                  If ag is headed for the shitter again like the early 2000s... There will be a blood bath. I don't think in the 80s or 2000s there was this much outside capital in ag was there?

Id like to think we would see a collapse in land prices but we may see hyperinflation first if the central banks loose control of this snowball that's rolling down a mountain.

No Klause, there was only a bit of outside capital. All of our land was bought with borrowed money and paid for with lentils, no cinderella canola to save us in those days. Some farms failed during the 20 percent plus interest rates. I guess we manouevered our way through a different era and see things a little differently than some others. Money was lent on productive value and as you know land had to make the payments, now I am not sure how Farm Credit justifies these land values that are being bouyed up by foreign and otheroutside capital. Maybe you can shed light on the new millenium?

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                    The economic hopes of all 7 billion people on the planet rest on one thing: the US economy. Apart from that there is nothing else. Watching the Canuckistanian economy wither like a weed hit with roundup right now. Real growth is found no where else so its pile on time. Usually this ends badly though but it has defied prediction so far.
                    What percentage of the world population does this discussion even have a bearing on? Alot only have to, or should I say need to, focus on food, clothing and shelter.

Comment

Fcc don't give a rip about the risk art these values. They bundle the mortgages and sell em off into bond market. Banks and cu do as well. They don't hold the risk of you not making the payments.

Comment

"A lot of guys suffered through the eighties, survived the nineties while fighting the wheat board tag-team, then waded through the early 2000's seeding every year with no chance of profit. Farming was not always like the last seven years or eight years. Just saying! "

Wow. That is the best description I have ever heard.
                        I always thought I was just a pessimist farmer.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...