• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DJ is going vertical here. Could be a pause at 23700 but this baby is "GOING TO THE MOON ALICE". It's the most hated rally in history. In reality is nothing to do with Trump. The rest of the politicians are that ****ing bad that capital is fleeing to the core. A US dollar is the only form of money you can spend anywhere in the world. This will be a better investment then land in the next 10 years as the public is losing faith in govt and bonds are bleeding. 149 next on t bonds. The majority is always wrong and no one wants to own it. Looks like euro and dx turned in Sept on monthly.

So when ( it's not a matter of if) we have a movement lower and these ETFs start to sell than what? The capital flows to passive investing are mind blowing. I'm not arguing we can't go higher from here for a bit but everything has its tipping point. Than is the risk worth the reward?

Concerned me in the camp of those who feel actively managed funds will out preform going forward.

Iceman Out

Comment

Im starting to think were getting to the top.

ITs been a good run did get a average on all portfolios of over 8% this year.

Still makes me wonder why some one will take (this is a example to the haters) 150000 and put it down on a quarter of land to get 5% return on their money then have to pay the taxes which takes it down to 4% return or less.

And these guys are being at top of market not at 40 to 60 like we did.

Still think owning land is a good investment but cash is king for doing other things.

Hope it goes higher but think we approaching the top.

Comment

..........Ag land as an "investment"? I used to think it was good but now as a short term investment I feel it has gone past that and you better have time on your side if you want it for a long term investment.

Maybe rental property(housing) would be the place to be now, but you better like dealing with people and maintaining property. Besides, it has at least softened a bit.

How many of the stocks on the DJ are a sound investment and their prices a reflection of the companies financial performance.... or is it a function of money looking for a home and returns driven by speculation instead. Kinda like land in Sask, it's gotten to the point it doesn't matter if the price is too high for it to pay for itself, people bought it as a speculative investment tool, not a tool to make a living with. That tool as an investment, in my opinion, has just about run it's course, but as a tool to make a living with....going to have to see the price decline, stay tuned.

Comment

Get ready the next big thing will be cheap houses in Cities as JT and his magical show correct the housing market.

Crash in Cities is coming, Condos bought two years ago are down 18%. Homes are dropping also.

Land is now way over its productive value

Patience grasshopper their always is a correction and some see it coming and some get hit by the train.

All can't drop tell that to people who lost their homes in USA.

Yea our houses in Wascana is worth 3/4 million to 7 mill in Regina. HA HAHHAHAHAHAH

Same as a farm in SW Sask. at 480,000.a quarter i would be selling and wait till the guy loses it in three years. buy it back for 50Cents on the dollar. Watch.

Comment

Just be careful who to get advice from.
            The day after the US election last year a lot of experts were calling for a crash.....it was between 18,000 and 19,000 than.

I think that land is likely as good of an investment as anything.

Comment

Sf3

That's not a bad idea to buy it back cheap but the guys I see buying land have been thru the write downs before....they get a shot at it thru other companies they own and are never asked to pay full price.

Comment

"How did you go bankrupt? Two ways. Gradually then suddenly." Ernest Hemmingway

Asset prices 100% depend on the access of cheap credit. If central banks allow it to dry up then the economy implodes. Ever heard of a melt up? Where she stops nobody knows.

Comment

Sorry for the rants about the land prices in Sask, but these levels just don't feel right to pay and make a living on. I realize Sask needed to catch up big time but feel it has gone too far. I will also never use the word crash... at the very most a correction.

A sobering thought, if $2000/ac land corrects 20%, that's $400/ac down... the highest price I ever paid for anything I bought in the past. In hindsight $400 "seemed" like alot at the time.... in hindsight I should have bought more. This time my "head" says yes(buy a bit) but my gut says no.

And in comparison to overpriced, depreciating, wearing out iron... land is still the better buy! But we need the tools to farm it with, but maybe not the newest and best tools.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post

Asset prices 100% depend on the access of cheap credit. If central banks allow it to dry up then the economy implodes. Ever heard of a melt up? Where she stops nobody knows.
                    I am sure you are probably right with your assessment, but I bet alot of asset(Ag land) speculation isn't done with cheap credit, CASH drove that one. The guys who should be buying it in this area aren't/can't..... cheap credit isn't helping these guys!

Comment

Bucket this time the Liberals have the canadian gov so far in debt that their will be no write down

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post

And the question I keep asking myself is why would central banks want to allow cheap credit to dry up, in whose interest would that be? As long as they can maintain any control, they will try to keep the party going, as has been proven time after time, no one wants to allow the next natural reset like they did in the 30's. My other question is what would cause them to lose control?

Comment

I am convinced that some of the land bought up for speculation was paid for with spare cash.
                          One farm of 8 quarters bought 4 or 5 years ago for 1.4+M apparently grew weeds this year.(Didn't see it for myself)
                          Another of 10 quarters is back on the market after less than 2 years of ownership. Marked up 20%. Don't think there will be a price cut any time soon.
                          Don't think a correction will change these speculator's objective. A crash might.

Comment

What has happened in the past is guys overpay on land ....fcc lends them the money and then gladly takes a write down on it.....then lends them more....

Grain prices are the same as the 70s and guys are paying 10x the price then.....not sure how it makes sense as an investment....

Problem is machinery is 20x the price....

I guess like that SNL skit they make money on volume. ....

Comment

AF5 they can't sell the govt debt at lower rates. Risk on in bonds. So rates have to go up and there's a battle between public and private. Central banks HAVE TO raise rates because pension funds are bleeding to death. If pensions implode the faith in govt to provide into retirement is gone and again they can't sell the debt. Checkmate on perpetual deficits.
                              Last edited by macdon02; Oct 19, 2017, 08:56.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...