• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Morneau to lower the small business tax rate

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
    So Tweety explain how to me how anything the Liberals are doing is good for Canadians. They raised the top personal income tax rate and brought in less revenue. Then they set out to make changes to the way the small business taxes are applied to make the system more fair and increase revenue by up to $1 billion dollars. Now there latest change I read in the financial post will when fully implemented reduce revenue by $2.9 billion. These guys couldn't hit the target if they were standing on it. I am sure they will make other changes to replace this lost revenue.
    Certainly good for First Nations and those on welfare.

Comment

This is so weird: Harper promised to lower business tax and it was in line for that in 2016. However the current spending means more tax:
      http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/trudeau-government-close-to-breaking-all-time-record-for-per-capita-federal-spending-fraser-institute

The proposed tax plan was wrath with disincentives to grow and invest, which is never what a government wants to do, but as a fiscally responsible citizen I have to ask was reducing the overall tax to small business a good choice given the overall debt?

Glad to see the disincentives go, but indeed I think we all need to wonder: what is behind door #3?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...