• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dealers and competition

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealers and competition

You know how some dealers have "territories" and refuse to sell outside of them...

Well that's actually illegal.

From the competition. Act.

Every person commits an offence who, with a competitor of that person with respect to a product, conspires, agrees or arranges (b) to allocate sales, territories, customers or markets for the production or supply of the product.

Sounds like we need a Class Action lawsuit to fight the "price fixing", that dealers are par taking in.

Maybe those $600,000. combines are really only worth $200,000.

Really, how much are those combines worth?

Comment

As much as this might be about equipment, a big part really is, parts.

Comment

As you all know, Canadians are prevented from buying relatively cheaper new cars in the US., even if the cars' parts are Canadian. CBC has taken the NAFTA torch to this inequality. As cars are so much cheaper in US, I was thinking they must be really cheap in Mexico. Our family has bought about a dozen used cars in US, all turned out to be pretty good.v I haven't priced out cars in Mexico, any body on AV tried to order your new car in Mex? Here's a project for this winter.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
          As you all know, Canadians are prevented from buying relatively cheaper new cars in the US., even if the cars' parts are Canadian. CBC has taken the NAFTA torch to this inequality. As cars are so much cheaper in US, I was thinking they must be really cheap in Mexico. Our family has bought about a dozen used cars in US, all turned out to be pretty good.v I haven't priced out cars in Mexico, any body on AV tried to order your new car in Mex? Here's a project for this winter.
          They still build the Mexican Beatle?

Comment

Friend could of bought a new dryer in ND for $18000 less on an $80k dryer but company wouldnt let US dealer sell him one so he had to bend over and take it

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
              Friend could of bought a new dryer in ND for $18000 less on an $80k dryer but company wouldnt let US dealer sell him one so he had to bend over and take it
              Deere had the last mom and pop dealer here down to a 5 km radius for their new equipment sales for a few years, they finally had to give in and let the bigger dealer that surrounded them take over the sales. They still sell parts, get more business than ever because they know what they're doing

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                If you look hard enough you can always find a salesman hungry enough to bend the rules. I've done it many times.
                It's always better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

Iceman Out

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...