• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Thanks Giving! It truly is a year to be thankful! Its a Wrap.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Thanks Giving! It truly is a year to be thankful! Its a Wrap.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2370.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	777752

Well the first harvest in 15 plus years that actually was so much fun has come to a end last night. Wow is it a great feeling to finally hit the last swath and every one gets out and actually cheers and pats each other on the back and say it was a good one to put in the history book.

Its so nice to see my young sons helping and nieces and nephews. Seeing my aging parents still bring dinners and suppers out and actually riding yesterday with my wife the whole day long. Our main crew some have already headed south to their winter homes or back full time at work or just done with harvesting in general and other work takes precedence.

Thanks giving to me is family and like yesterday it ended with a full sit down meal some drinks lots of laughs and mostly just relaxing with family. Friends come and go but family is always their.

Name:	IMG_2348.jpg
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	777753

So all summer i said the drought that Saskatchewan had was doing good on our farm, The rain finally stopped, yes the 45 days plus of no rain over the hottest part of summer was very stressful but in the end my prayers were answered. Finally the rain stopped and our land actually got a chance to dry up and produce, yes on less acres than before the rain years but it produced a decent crop across the board. Maybe having drill issues was a blessing and our canola actually went in about a week later than most. I don't know if it was timing with the only real two rain events all year but it forked. The barley was all malt and the hrs for the first time in my guess 92 years of our farm every bushel is grading a #1 no questions asked.

So not as high as my Kamsack friends average but ill take the 7 Bushels less and say it was one F#$K of a fun year.

You actually do wonder how good could this crop of went if we had one rain in the month of July. But then you have to look back and think would their have been hail in that one storm that would of took yield.

So for our farm it goes down in the books as the year it actually dried up the sun come out the rubber boots got a rest and we actually had a good year.

So this Plowboy for one is Thankful for every thing that happened this year.

Like all farmers lets see what 2018 has in store.

To those who had a disaster or piss poor results i have been their and it gets you down it eats at your soul it makes you wonder if its all worth doing, you ask what could i have done different, is that a fair price to get the hell out of this game, why do i beat my self up trying to produce food, and finally why didn't i stay working in the city i could of been retired and not a care in the world.

Answer is simple its farming and its what most of us love to do. Its one of the toughest jobs out their with min pay, long hours and few rewards but it also is one of the greatest places to be.

Yes some on here hate my guts i really don't give a F#$King rats ass if you do or don't. Its always been about farming, politics and some fun no lots of fun. Life is to short for me to lose sleep if some one likes me or doesn't.

I enjoy this place as a place to vent and discuss every topic under the sun. Yes some so serious they make the news some so stupid your glad they don't make the news. But its a fun group. Yes lots i know and chat with most days. Some even travel half way around the world to spend time visiting and talking Farming.

Its Farming that is the bond that holds us all together in some way or the other.

So Happy Thanks Giving from My farm to Yours and Best in 2018.

Happy Turkey day!

Name:	45e17275334adaaf1ddd60203eb7821e.jpg
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	777754

Any one else see the similarities look long and hard at the two pictures.

Name:	15919837364_1d35e1beb1_k.jpg
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	777755

Inspiring sermon. Wink 😉
    You're A-1, John.
    Pars

Comment

Glad to hear that you are done and all the stars lined up for you this year. We too enjoy the information (this is where I go to get the news) and raukus banter and for this I am thankful too. Fellow farmers are a different kind of kin. We are live in awe at the power of one little seed planted in the dust. Have a great thanksgiving day while we recover from the best meal ever😀

Comment

I am thankful every day for healthy children. And all the people in my life with good hearts. The rest I keep at a distance.
        I am thankful for my increasing ability to tell all the parasites what I think, and to do it my way.

So even with an entire canola crop looking like an overwinter situation, I will be thankful if I can do it again next year.

Comment

Fall work is going on in our area every thing from deep tillage to Kelly to lemkin protill etc

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...