• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motion-103

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motion-103

Please sign this free speech petition.

http://www.citizengo.org/en-ca/pc/41042-stop-speech-restrictive-anti-blasphemy-motion-103

‪🇨🇦‬ ‪🇨🇦‬ ‪🇨🇦‬ ‪Canada needs your help 🇨🇦‬ ‪🇨🇦‬ ‪🇨🇦‬

Stand up and be counted. Defend free speech. Canadians have taken our way of life for granted for too long. pars

Comment

Originally posted by parsley View Post
      Please sign this free speech petition.

http://www.citizengo.org/en-ca/pc/41042-stop-speech-restrictive-anti-blasphemy-motion-103

‪🇨🇦‬ ‪🇨🇦‬ ‪🇨🇦‬ ‪Canada needs your help 🇨🇦‬ ‪🇨🇦‬ ‪🇨🇦‬
      Free speech is a myth in this country. Not like the USA where you actually can say whatever you want, whether it be hateful or derogatory. Too many Grassy's and Chucky's here.

Comment

signed

Comment

Free speech on that site means only if it agrees with extreme religious views.

Comment

The motion passed by a vote of 201–91 on March 23, 2017.

So what exactly is this accomplishing?

Comment

As it says on the link

that I provided this is an update:

"UPDATE, 04 October 2017: M-103 is now before the House of Commons Heritage Committee. Four hearings have already place during the month of September. As you may recall, this motion sets the foundations to criminalize speech deemed "islamophobic" and lays the groundworkd for imposing a Sharia anti-blasphemy law on all of Canada. "

A slough of added names also shows people are concerned. More names send a signal.

"The Toronto Sun has called M-103 "part of the Islamist agenda in Canada to include in their definition criticism of Islam and Islamic practice in the West." Lawmakers have deliberately failed to define the term "islamophobia" — despite repeated calls for them to do so — thus leaving the term vague and ill-defined, so that its scope of application can sweep broadly across all forms of criticism of Islam.

Will criticism of the Edmonton terrorist (who had an ISIS flag on the front seat of his vehicle) be deemed "islamophobic"? Will criticism of female genital mutilation be prevented, as Jay Cameron, a lawyer with the Justice Centre of Constitutional Freedoms, has claimed?

As an interfaith group said earlier this year:

"Like all religious groups, Muslims are already protected under our Charter of Rights and Freedoms and criminal law. They do not need a separate law which is supported by groups that have close ties to the Muslim Brotherhood and in essence are trying to put in place a form of sharia blasphemy law".

Sign the petition to STOP M-103 from going any further! All new signatures will be directed to Committee members currently considering the motion."

"The motion will encourage legislation that would criminalize speech deemed "islamophobic" and lay the groundwork for imposing what is essentially a Sharia anti-blasphemy law on all of Canada.

If that happens, criticism of Islam would constitute a speech crime in Canada."

Pars

Comment

Only islamophobia is defined in the motion.

Kind of like identifying only Toronto Blue Jays in a motion.

I expect this from Sharia Law legislation.

NOT Federal legislation. Pars

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                  Free speech on that site means only if it agrees with extreme religious views.
                  I do not understand your statement, agatar

Comment

I kind of agree with the petition, but that website is the bastion of wing nuts. I'll pass on this one, because their must be something I'm missing about it if you and that website see something wrong with the motion.

Comment

Systemic racism and religious discriminationText of the MotionThat, in the opinion of the House, the government should: (a) recognize the need to quell the increasing public climate of hate and fear; (b) condemn Islamophobia and all forms of systemic racism and religious discrimination and take note of House of Commons’ petition e-411 and the issues raised by it; and (c) request that the Standing Committee on Canadian Heritage undertake a study on how the government could (i) develop a whole-of-government approach to reducing or eliminating systemic racism and religious discrimination including Islamophobia, in Canada, while ensuring a community-centered focus with a holistic response through evidence-based policy-making, (ii) collect data to contextualize hate crime reports and to conduct needs assessments for impacted communities, and that the Committee should present its findings and recommendations to the House no later than 240 calendar days from the adoption of this motion, provided that in its report, the Committee should make recommendations that the government may use to better reflect the enshrined rights and freedoms in the Constitution Acts, including the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

After reading that. So much kumbaya i'm puking in my mouth.

Actually, if I could pretend to be that stupid, I should apply for a job. Govt jobs being the only ones left.

Comment

"develop a whole-of-government approach to reducing or eliminating systemic racism and religious discrimination including Islamophobia, in Canada, while ensuring a community-centered focus with a holistic response through evidence-based policy-making"

Take Islamophobia out of the text, as I would argue that racism to most if not all cultures and religions can be a problem, especially the racism that natives face in this country. But all this is, is a feel good do nothing motion.

Comment

Is it criminal legislation?

Comment

When people say all muslims are violent extremists and claim that their religion is the problem then they are promoting bigotry and hate against muslims or islamaphobia. There are some people who make these sorts of hate filled claims. One was Alexandre Bissonnette who shot and killed 6 muslims while they prayed in a Quebec city mosque this year. It should be pretty clear you cant go around inciting hate, fear and violence against any religion, race, or group. We already have laws against most of this behavior but 103 spells it out for those who don't get it. Anti-muslim hate and violence is on the rise and needs to be shut down before we have more violence against innocent Muslims. And by the way ISIS, Al Quaeda and all the other wacko extremist groups kill more Musllims than they do Christians or any other religion.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                              When people say all muslims are violent extremists and claim that their religion is the problem then they are promoting bigotry and hate against muslims or islamaphobia. There are some people who make these sorts of hate filled claims. One was Alexandre Bissonnette who shot and killed 6 muslims while they prayed in a Quebec city mosque this year. It should be pretty clear you cant go around inciting hate, fear and violence against any religion, race, or group. We already have laws against most of this behavior but 103 spells it out for those who don't get it. Anti-muslim hate and violence is on the rise and needs to be shut down before we have more violence against innocent Muslims. And by the way ISIS, Al Quaeda and all the other wacko extremist groups kill more Musllims than they do Christians or any other religion.
                              And to what religion do ISIS and Al Quaeda belong, chucky?

I'll bet that even you can guess this one correctly, LOL!

Why do you suppose that there is increasing fear of Islam, chucky?

I'll bet even you can guess this one correctly too, if you're honest.

But we know you're not honest because there is no evidence that there is more hate or violence of Muslims than there has ever been, as you claim. We DO know that there is more fear of Muslims. And why.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...