• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Quebec Hypocrisy

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Quebec Hypocrisy

[URL="http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/in-quebec-a-government-supported-cement-factory-encased-in-hypocrisy/"]http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/in-quebec-a-government-supported-cement-factory-encased-in-hypocrisy/[/URL]

Don't get me wrong. Glad to see industry built... Why does it need public money and why are these emissions ok but evil oilsands aren't... Hmmm

Waiting for Chucky to justify this one

Albertas evil oil transfer payments paid for that. Lmao.
    Quebec isn't even being discrete about their contempt for western Canada. Just giving us the big f you.

Comment

Chuckles is reading mouse land to make sure he is on track.

Comment

Quebec has no monopoly on hypocrisy. Right here in good old Saskatchewan Brad Wall leading the charge against a carbon tax spent a billion dollars on carbon capture at boundary. If Carbon enmmisions are not a problem why spend the billion?

All across the country including Alberta, Saskatchewan and around the world governments of all stripes are providing bailouts, tax breaks, low royalty rates and incentives to attract and keep industries and jobs.

Public support for private profit! It's the free market at work.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
          Quebec has no monopoly on hypocrisy. Right here in good old Saskatchewan Brad Wall leading the charge against a carbon tax spent a billion dollars on carbon capture at boundary. If Carbon enmmisions are not a problem why spend the billion?

All across the country including Alberta, Saskatchewan and around the world governments of all stripes are providing bailouts, tax breaks, low royalty rates and incentives to attract and keep industries and jobs.

Public support for private profit! It's the free market at work.

CCS is a hell of a better idea than a tax that does nothing but enlarge government.

However that's not the point here... Two threads I step on your toes and you change the point of the argument. You should run for liberal leader...

You'd make a great politician and have a way better understanding of things than the idiots running things now ...
          Even though you and I don't agree on much. Lol.

My problem here is you can't say those emissions are bad but ours are great!

If you compare the co2 emissions per job... The value in the oilfield is 10x that of a cement plant.. the point is government all talk big on environment but actually it doesn't matter to any of them. Quebec proved it.

Wonder if the kilns are solar powered... I'm betting they burn Nat gas to run those...

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
            CCS is a hell of a better idea than a tax that does nothing but enlarge government.

However that's not the point here... Two threads I step on your toes and you change the point of the argument. You should run for liberal leader...

You'd make a great politician and have a way better understanding of things than the idiots running things now ...
            Even though you and I don't agree on much. Lol.

My problem here is you can't say those emissions are bad but ours are great!

If you compare the co2 emissions per job... The value in the oilfield is 10x that of a cement plant.. the point is government all talk big on environment but actually it doesn't matter to any of them. Quebec proved it.

Wonder if the kilns are solar powered... I'm betting they burn Nat gas to run those...
            I agree Quebec is hypocritical on this. But then so is Saskatchewan on carbon emmisions. And it is up to each province to decide how they use the carbon tax, not the federal government. There is a strong case to make the carbon tax revenue neutral by cutting income and corporate taxes.

Comment

I agree Quebec is hypocritical on this. But then so is Saskatchewan on carbon emmisions. And it is up to each province to decide how they use the carbon tax, not the federal government. There is a strong case to make the carbon tax revenue neutral by cutting income and corporate taxes.
              Admin will eat up the bulk of it . Just more useless govt jobs

Comment

Just an fyi but I believe Harper was only less of a short sighted hillbilly than trudeau. By very little. Very very little.

I'm also not a huge fan of Wall.

However CCS theoretically provides a return and the technology is something we can sell to other companies / provinces / states (in theory) meanwhile actually reducing CO2.

BC has a carbon tax. Has that tax resulted in a quantifiable reduction in emissions.

Europe is proposing a 25usd a tonne tax by 2020

Europe. The most progressive governance body in the world. We, in Canada, a country that is a NET CARBON SINK will charge nearly double that.
                #economicsuicide

This is O/T.

Do you farm? Or rather grain farm?

Comment

Bahaha, so taxing carbon with a tax that has very little effect in reducing carbon emissions is absolutely right, but spending money to actually reduce carbon is wrong.

I guess it is no different than protesting keystone xl in the states to save the pristine environment and leaving truckloads of garbage behind for someone else to deal with.

It's all about the correct "message".

Does somebody wipe your ass for you too chucky?

Comment

God chuck you do live in LA LA Land and not reality.

We had a idea in Sask for the big coal power plants to put the CO2 back in the ground. Funny in USA i can see a coal plant for about 40 miles before you get to it in Estevan its just their.

So a USELESS gov Jobs that add nothing or actually doing something to help.

Hm again you liberals are a real special kind of people.

Carbon tax is just another bullshit tax to make liberals feel good and collect money for more useless programs.

Funny canada or ontario added what 10000 jobs last month all were public sector. who pays for that chuck the Tooth fairy like Trudeau thinks.

Comment

U guys waste too much time trying to fix stupid. These guys wouldn't survive a zombie apocalypse cause they'd be trying to negotiate with them and apologize for the unfortunate circumstances that led to their predicament. We would have to have hearings and settlements paid out. Logic and common sense would not exist just
                      like the conversations your carrying on with them right now. Too much wasted energy on your part.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...