• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to clean ergot out of wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to clean ergot out of wheat

Is there any option to clean the ergot out other then colour sorting would a aspirator do it don.t need to be perfect just so it will grade

Originally posted by tubs View Post
    Is there any option to clean the ergot out other then colour sorting would a aspirator do it don.t need to be perfect just so it will grade
    Gravity table will take some out depending on weight of grain vs ergot

I got used gravity table for sale

Comment

Originally posted by tubs View Post
      Here is a video of the gravity table we have for sale removing sclerontina from red lentils. Would be the same a removing ergot from wheat.
      Wheat same weight as lentlils.
      Ergot and sclerontina Very similar in weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Jagfarms View Post
        Here is a video of the gravity table we have for sale removing sclerontina from red lentils. Would be the same a removing ergot from wheat.
        Wheat same weight as lentlils.
        Ergot and sclerontina Very similar in weight.
        Link to video

Can't add links with my phone have to copy and paste
        Can try if I get close to my desktop

https://youtu.be/gUt2HewPGNQ

Comment

I have had to take out ergot different years and a gravity table worked good. The guy I used would get it up to a 2 but if you tried to get it up to a 1 you would take out to much good wheat and it was not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
            I have had to take out ergot different years and a gravity table worked good. The guy I used would get it up to a 2 but if you tried to get it up to a 1 you would take out to much good wheat and it was not worth it.
            1,2 and 3 are all the same now .04%.

Comment

Can you haul to a different location and they just blend it off. Ergot seems to be location and weather related.

Comment

Last year we had some wheat that the amount of ergot in it looked alarming....maybe the pieces were big enough that most of it came out as dockage? But I remember all sizes. ...they never snivelled once...thank you very much!

You win some you lose some.

Comment

In 1990, we cleaned 20,000 bus of durum with ergot, sold the durum as a 2, then the 90% ergot clean-out WIT said just haul it in as #5 and we'll blend it off.

Comment

Wondering if ergot acceptance has changed a bit as well in our brave new world?

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                      Wondering if ergot acceptance has changed a bit as well in our brave new world?
                      With boy wonder legalizing dope why not ergot too? Imagine your chef boyardi with a built in trip.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...