• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanksgiving Weekend....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanksgiving Weekend....

Happy Thanksgiving. Travel or work safe.

Traditions. ....usually a time for ethnic cuisine culture to shine.

Reflection. ....grateful for what we got....could have been worse!

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Agrivillers and family.

What's on your menu?

Turkey🦃 ham🐷 perogies, buckwheat cabbage rolls, pumpkin and apple pie, nothing special👩*❤️*💋*👩

Safe journeys to all that travel this weekend.

Comment

Really looking forward to this Thanksgiving weekend, time with the kids, grandkids and good food.

On the menu is everything grown on our farm including the "heritage" Orlopp Bronze turkey which my wife grew this summer. Should be interesting.

So much for which I am thankful - good health, family and neighbours. Freedom (relative, I know), faith and friends.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Comment

So thankful with sum dung ill threatening nuclear strike that we have the orange blob sitting just itching to push the button.

Comment

Looking foreward to taking the weekend off , shut the phone off , don't watch any news and just relax with kids and family .
          Forget about the farm and the outside world for a few days .

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            Looking foreward to taking the weekend off , shut the phone off , don't watch any news and just relax with kids and family .
            Forget about the farm and the outside world for a few days .
            You lucky fellow, panic trying to work stubble/fertilize, not a lot of family relax time ....but if it rains... f*ck it

Comment

My favorite Thanksgiving tradition!!
              https://youtu.be/lf3mgmEdfwg

Comment

Happy ThanksGiving everyone. Whether you're enjoying the day off or still hard at it..... travel or work safe.

Lots to be grateful for, look around you.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                  You lucky fellow, panic trying to work stubble/fertilize, not a lot of family relax time ....but if it rains... f*ck it
                  Thought you were retiring , fj , lol

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to each and every one of you. A sunshiny day but a freezing nite ahead.

A stuffed bird here, mashed potatoes, carrots, fresh garden corn, gravy, a plum-whipped cream-cocoanut-salad, plum jelly, hot pepper jelly and Canadian wine.
                    I'm interested if you liked the flavour of the turkey, Burnt. Never tasted one.

I'm thankful the farm community is filled with wonderful hard-working people. Such a joy. Pars

Comment

Originally posted by parsley View Post
                      Happy Thanksgiving to each and every one of you. A sunshiny day but a freezing nite ahead.

A stuffed bird here, mashed potatoes, carrots, fresh garden corn, gravy, a plum-whipped cream-cocoanut-salad, plum jelly, hot pepper jelly and Canadian wine.
                      I'm interested if you liked the flavour of the turkey, Burnt. Never tasted one.

I'm thankful the farm community is filled with wonderful hard-working people. Such a joy. Pars
                      The turkey (Orlopp Bronze) certainly was the most moist and tender we have had - maybe ever.

The white meat was superb, moist, tender and very delicate flavor.

We will be raising them again based on what we had today. These birds were raised "free range" on alfalfa pasture with cracked corn in front of them as well. They were kept within a 4' high portable poultry wire enclosure. Very handy for cleaning up grass and weeds in hard-to-access corners. Great foragers. Interesting to raise.

At 20 weeks they dressed from 20-25 lbs for the hens and 28 and 31 lbs for the two toms.

Highly recommended.

Comment

Sounds sinful, burnt. Post on Av if you are growing them next year. I'd love to buy one. You know me and food...... Pars 😁

Comment

The foxes clean up any birds we have around here. They come out of the creek and come right up to the farm house and chicken coup and the birds are gone in a flash.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                            Thought you were retiring , fj , lol
                            BIG IF it repeats 2016 and we drown out...so far another year planned, less acres.

Comment

Thanksgiving should be after remembrance day. (Just a small time 1.5 man operation running old break down prone equipment spread over a 33 mile round trip being bitter. Better than last year though) happy turkey day everyone

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...