• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harvest 2017

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Makar

Our parents never told my brother or I who was born first since it was by c section and only a minute apart as well. They said we'd hold that over the other one and probably were right.

We're fixing our new hollands ( seems never ending with them) here too since it's turning white again. Tx 66's though. Twins like me😉

Comment

I didnt get much crop in anyway and got 40 acres of oats left so i will survive, heading for injectors today, hopefully no internal damage, teach the twins to split a tr and pull straw tomorrow, Lots of combines still rolling in the peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
        Exactly opposite for me. Sprayed the standing canola within 4-5 days of swathing the rest of the canola. All same variety L241C. Standing canola outyielded swathed by 6 bushels. Never kicked the stone trap open once on the old TR straight cutting. Used a 30 foot head straight cutting, swathed with a 25 foot. First day in swathed(done after straight cutting) plugged combine twice, second day plugged it and took out rotor belt. Swathes were smooth very few doghouses. I was very surprised at how well straight cutting went. I realize canola was standing very well, was a perfect year for it, still amazed at the yield difference. Determined by bin fill not weigh wagon.
        Sounds like you swathed way too early. Obviously. Leave to 100 percent scc next time and there is no difference in yield or oil.

At least you now know how dramatically early swathing affects yield. Expensive way to learn tho.

Comment

Harvest

We finished up here on the 8 th of Oct. Crazy late for us as we are usually the first done in this area ( Only 2500 acres) started seeding Apr 28 , as it was colder than normal. Usually start seeding on Apr 17. ( long standing family tradition ) . Everything germinated great even in cold dryer soils. Canola germinated a little too soon and ended up going into 2 nights of -7 C. Reseeded 660 acres and left the later seeded DeKalb RR. Alone without reseeding. Turned out we should have reseeded that quarter as well. 21 bushels less than my sons best reseeded canola. All the reseeded L140 matured quickly and combined dry. The CS 2000 took forever to mature! Ended up taking it 11 % mt and sold it off the combine, blending it with the dry 140.The CS 2000 was the cheapest seed of three different varieties but ended up at 35 bus and 38 bus net on the elevator blowing all other varieties we grew, away! Glad this harvest is done!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...